Forum

Notifications
Clear all

efiction.org

jacci
(@jacci)
Honorable Member

the domain efiction.org is due for renewal in less than two weeks. If anybody is interested in running the forum, please contact me. I have become involved with a huge project of my own and just do not have the time needed any longer. My fanfiction efforts have led me to being involved in canon in my fandom, which is incredibly exciting, but also time consuming!

why is nothing ever easy?
url: http://www.pretendercentre.com/missingpieces/     
php: 5.2.5  msql: 5.0.45-community
efic version: 3.4.3           latest patches: yes
bridges: none              mods: challenges, displayword, beta-search

Topic starter Posted : 28/04/2014 6:10 am
banshee
(@banshee)
Member Admin

I'd be happy to take over the domain and management of the forum, if you like. I'd hate to see such a great resource go the way of the Dodo.
Plus, I know a few people on the board that still post now and then. I could work with them in the future quite easily if there are any massive changes.

I can PM you my email address?

eFiction Archives: Tom Paris Dorm | Twice Bitten | Underground

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2014 10:37 am
Sue
 Sue
(@sue)
Estimable Member

I'd be willing to help host etc (and pay for the domain) if required.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/04/2014 3:57 am
Nadia
(@nadia)
Member Admin

I'd be willing to take over the domain and the board too. We (my hubby and I) already do have our own server. And my hubby is working on a new fanfiction script based on efiction, since there has been no update in years. I don't know how long it will take him to finish it, but it's coming along very well. 🙂

My Hub TrekNation | World of X | Capeside Diaries

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/04/2014 9:59 am
itanshi
(@itanshi)
Reputable Member

He is? That's pretty cool. Will it be under gnu or apache? I just feel like I'd be must better at supporting a well organized project on git hub r something then what I attempted so far. Even so, I'm willing to start the project over (since Codeigniter support is dead basically) given it's well organized and supported by contributors.

I am rebuilding efiction! Join us on irc! #efiction at www.mibbit.com Instructions for irc 😀 Alpha released!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2014 10:31 am
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Member Admin

There is a brief description of the new project in the eFiction 5.x section of the board, a demo site is not available so far.
As far as the license is concerned, haven't thought about it yet, only external thing we use is jQuery, gotta make sure it doesn't interfere with that license.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2014 10:06 pm
Share: