Forum

Notifications
Clear all

User can't login: told account is not there, but it is

iamfez
(@iamfez)

I'm stumped over a problem one of my user's are experiencing. She created an account, but it won't let her login to it. When she tries to login she gets this message:

There is no such account on our website.

But her account is listed amoung the members and as admin I can go to her profile.

The page that seems to have the problem is: http://nealandemma.com/user.php?action=login

I tried deleting her account and asking her to create a new one but she runs into the exact same problem. Can anyone help with this?

Topic starter Posted : 16/03/2013 5:38 pm
itanshi
(@itanshi)
Reputable Member

Hello, since I have not seen an official developer here for quite some time, I'd like to be of the capacity to declare the old code no lonfger supported, but as it stands, we have to help each other out. Back in the day, I'd clone my site just for testing purposes, but if you wish, just get me access to your database and an account to play with, I'll see what I can do.

I'd guess its either a database issue or a session issue. If you could get stats on your setup and her setup, it'd help. Such as what browser she's using. Might try firefox and chrome.

I am rebuilding efiction! Join us on irc! #efiction at www.mibbit.com Instructions for irc 😀 Alpha released!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2013 5:43 pm
SJP
 SJP
(@sjp)
Trusted Member

Just a few ideas...

If she has given you her login credentials, can you log in to her account? Maybe she's trying to log in with her email address instead of her penname (sounds simple, but I've seen it before). Can you go into the database and make sure her account is there?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2013 6:13 pm
babaca
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

Is the person's user name a short one? As in less than 3 letters? I seem to recall a long time ago someone was having this problem and it was because the username was a short one.

Mucking around in eFiction since circa 2001 (ver. 1.0)
Now running v.3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2013 2:56 am
Lyndsie
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

Probably solved, but I think there was problems with names starting with symbols too. Bringing me back to the good old days with this one!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/06/2013 9:55 am
Share: