Forum

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] New Admins

Page 2 / 2
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

This all sounds wonderful! I used eviction many years ago, but is love to use it again.

Some quick questions - do you have a projected release date? And will there be an upgrade option/importer for the existing update?

Super existed for this!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2014 9:32 am
Nadia
(@nadia)
Member Admin

No, there is no release date yet. Still a lot to do. Hopefully we can release the new version (at least for beta testing) within the next 6 months. We're working hard on it.

And yes, there will be a converter. It's not an upgrade, it's a completely new version. But you will be able to convert from version 3.x to the new script.

My Hub TrekNation | World of X | Capeside Diaries

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/05/2014 9:39 am
IzDoodle
(@izdoodle)
Estimable Member

Holy cow!  :omg: Okay, this was a surprise. I usually check in every few months or so but with school I've been busy since like... August  :ohboy: lol I knew that the site was going in a new direction but shocked to see so much has changed. Nice. I can't wait to see how things turn out. I'm an amateur coder, but I am going to school for it (among other things), so if I can help at all I'd be happy to. Everything looks amazing. You all are doing a great job so far and I'm super excited to see what your lovely brains come up with.  :idea1: I know it'll be great.

Izzy

http://www.twiwrite.net
Where Your Imagination Can Run Free
18+ TwiWrite Fan Fiction Archives.
efiction vs.3.5.2
SQL vs. 5.0.77
PHP vs. 5.2.2
Happily soaking up any and all php, tpl, and html knowledge I can.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2014 4:50 am
Nadia
(@nadia)
Member Admin

Thanks a lot for your enthusiasm, we're doing our best. 😀

My Hub TrekNation | World of X | Capeside Diaries

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/05/2014 6:46 pm
MiladyRomance
(@miladyromance)

Wow! This is great news! Can't wait to see where the new eFiction branches off!  :biggrin:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2014 8:26 am
Julieann
(@julieann)
Trusted Member

One big mod I have on my site is the bridge to SMF forums. Through a link of the forum database, I was then able to have Coppermine as a method of including fanart to the site (Coppermine won't work direct with eFiction, so in order for the entire site to work with one login I'm having to use SMF as a "hub" from which everything else hinges).

So, for me, this is a HUGE deal. I'm hoping this can be included in the coding somehow as an add-on. 🙂

Julieann

Running 3.4.3 bridged with SMF and Coppermine
Mods: Challenges, cpg-art (not working), Limit Summary Length, Bio to Prefs, Top 20 instead of 10
Wants: Move Betareader to Prefs, Twitter
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2014 9:15 am
darklight
(@darklight)
Estimable Member

Personally, I'm hoping for an easy way to remove the bridge from my site. I'd settle for a stand alone script to move the members and settings to the efiction tables of the database. I was working on one at one point, but I've lost all of my notes. It's going to be a heck of a lot of work to move the members one by one...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2014 4:20 pm
OzBrat
(@ozbrat)

This whole makeover of eFiction excites me. I love the idea of what we all already have but boy is it outdated. If I had the know-how I would have tried to fix it long ago, so thank you a million times over to you and your husband for taking this on!  :biggrin: :cloud9: My biggest issue currently is the timestamp deciding to stop on random fics, stopping fics from showing up in the recently updated section. It's turning a lot of fans away from the page and I'm really hoping the new eFiction just fixes this some how. *fingers crossed*

Thank you, Sue. 🙂 As for the ePubs, I just want to be able to snag a stories as easy at it is on AO3. 😀 I never got along with Calibre, but we will check out every possibility.

And having ePubs easily downloadable like on AO3 would be a dream come true. I currently have my members having to download the dotEPUB plugin for Chrome and not everyone wants to do that when they can just click one simple button on AO3.  :down:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/04/2015 7:08 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: