Forum

Notifications
Clear all

New Team

Nadia
(@nadia)
Member Admin

Late at night I talked to my hubby and he was quite happy that a few - still active - people here are able to code php. So, my question is, who would want to help and be part of the team?

I'm also looking for active people to serve as mods. 3-4 would be great. 🙂

My Hub TrekNation | World of X | Capeside Diaries

Topic starter Posted : 01/05/2014 12:11 pm
banshee
(@banshee)
Member Admin

I, of course, am on board.
Happy to do whatever you need!!

eFiction Archives: Tom Paris Dorm | Twice Bitten | Underground

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2014 12:45 pm
Nadia
(@nadia)
Member Admin

YAY! {hugs} I'm so happy we're doing this together. 😀

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/05/2014 1:20 pm
Lyndsie
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

I can help, if you like. I haven't been as actively lately due to school & stuff. But there was quite a while I felt like part of a de facto moderator team here, although none of us actually had moderator status. (Except me on the Spanish board.)

I'm a little rusty on the PHP & web stuff since my school program isn't focused on that, but I'm much better with databases than I used to be. IDK, if you have questions about my skills you can email me or whatnot.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2014 8:04 am
Nadia
(@nadia)
Member Admin

That's great, Lyndsie. 😀 I was hoping that you'd like to be part of the team. 😀

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/05/2014 9:00 am
SJP
 SJP
(@sjp)
Trusted Member

Hi Nadia,

As I said in an earlier post, my PHP/SQL/HTML is self taught, so I wouldn't consider myself an expert, but I manage to do just fine. I'd love to help and be part of the team if you need others.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2014 12:15 am
kali
 kali
(@kali)
Reputable Member

I'm a hobbyist, but I would be happy to help where I can.

Skins made by Kali are no longer supported!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2014 3:16 am
Nadia
(@nadia)
Member Admin

I'm glad you two signed up too. 🙂

SJP, my hubby is a self taught coder himself. So don't worry. I'm sure he'll be glad to get your help. 🙂

Kali, would you like to become a mod? Maybe of the skins forum?^^

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/05/2014 9:46 am
Sue
 Sue
(@sue)
Estimable Member

I'm happy to help in any way you need.

Like you, I'm more of a CSS person, but I'm more than happy being a crash test dummy (accent on the dummy) for installing etc etc. I also have my own server, so I can easily set up test environments etc if that's any help.

I dabble in Wordpress, MediaWiki, Docuwiki, Joomla, phpBB, eFiction and even, *gasp*, plain HTML.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2014 10:16 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I'd be interested in helping out if I can. I've been teaching myself php and web development for a little over a year, so I don't know how much I can contribute, but I'd be willing to try. I'm a senior in high school, to give you an idea of my experience, or lack of it. It would be a great opportunity to learn, though, even if there's not much I can do. 🙂

I can get by with css, but I've mostly been focusing on back-end  php and mysql (and html, of course).

Even if I don't end up helping, I'll be following this project closely. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2014 3:14 am
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Member Admin

Happy to see fresh meat motivated people, right now we are finishing some features, once I can consider them done I will let you have look at the code to get a frist impression of how ugly it is much work needs to be done.
I am a self-taught programmer myself, and everything has been built from scratch, and maybe not everything is making too much sense.
Just give me a few more days, got some extra days off, and weather helps my focus on the project.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/05/2014 7:42 pm
Aliceinwonderbra
(@aliceinwonderbra)

I would be zero help at coding (it's amazing I got my site up at all), but I am so excited to see you guys working on this! Like Sue I could maybe be a crash test dummy.  :agree: Or donate pizza money.  😛

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/05/2014 11:51 pm
cleothemuse
(@cleothemuse)

Another mostly-self-taught coder here, though I did end up minoring in computer science in college. Most of my recent PHP experience has been with making custom adjustments to WordPress and its plugins, writing my own (VERY simple) WP plugins, and, of course, writing WP themes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2014 7:55 pm
Elle
 Elle
(@jenny)
Honorable Member

I'm a hobbyist but I have done extensive modding on eFiction, and have created a few content management software sites of my own. I have university/work but I would like to help in any way I can. 🙂

archive: dramione.org
site: accio.nu

Available for skin/mod commission! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2014 8:29 pm
Azurite
(@azurite)
Estimable Member

Anything I know about PHP I pretty much learned from eFiction itself, but I'd say I'm pretty firmly in the student-hobbyist category. Still, I'd love to learn and I'd also not mind being a "crash test dummy," as it were.

I know CSS and Wiki pretty well though, in case you need help with either of those things.

Archive: Dragonfayth
eFiction: 3.5.5
Latest Patch(es): Yes
bridged?: No
modified?: Yes
PHP: 5.3.27
MySQL: 5.5.42-cll

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2014 12:34 am
Share: