Notifications
Clear all

Error regarding undefined index

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@wolfiejinn)
Topic starter

Notice: Undefined index: rss in /home/shandro/public_html/roytoys/fanfiction/includes/pagesetup.php on line 92

This is found at the top of my archive as admin. No idea if it shows up for nonadmins. No one's complained yet but it's annoying the heck out of me.  I've not noticed any issues with the archive and whatnot.  I have also just upgraded to the newest eFiction version, but I was getting this exact error before only line 93 instead of 92.

I know beans about any of the coding. I barely managed to figure out how to put in themes to switch through. I was going to add a couple more and went investigating to see if there was an update and there was.  What's the error, is it traumatic and what's the fix for it so I don't have to stare at the goofy thing anymore?

http://www.darksigma.com/roytoys/fanfiction/index.php

Thanks!

Posted : 10/05/2009 8:53 pm
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

Do you have debug turned on in Settings > Site Settings? If so, you should turn it off. It will likely get rid of that message. Typically things that start with "notice" aren't really a big issue, unless something isn't working right; then they might be diagnostic (which is the whole point of being able to turn debug on/off - so you can use it when you need it).

Posted : 10/05/2009 9:44 pm
(@becca)
Honorable Member

Also see When to use Debug.

Posted : 10/05/2009 10:15 pm
(@wolfiejinn)
Topic starter

Turned off debug and that got rid of message.  Thanks!  Totally forgot I'd posted my concern.  Came out to refresh my brain on skins and discovered I had a topic. 

Also thank you for the 'when to debug' link. Most useful.  You can consider this 'solved' if you like.

Thanks for a great program, gang!

Wolfie

Posted : 26/12/2009 2:46 am
Share: