Notifications
Clear all

Noob & Completely Lost πŸ™

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@guest6354)
New Member Guest

If you looked up 'I have absolutely no freakin' clue what to do' in the dictionary, you would find my picture.

I downloaded the newest version of the software and unzipped it, and now I have the folder with a bunch of other folders and I have no idea what to do. I tried looking up some FAQs and tutorials on here, but I cant really find anything helpful for someone as completely noobish and lost as I am.

Basically I am opening a website soon, one section will be for fanfiction. After driving myself nuts looking for some possible way to do this, I was directed to this site from a yahoo question. I downloaded the file, now what the heck do I do?

I saw in one tutorial you need a host that supports all the elements it needs. I have two hosts that I can use, one is Homestead, the other Hawk Host. I'm not sure if either or both have the requirements. I also read that you need to upload all the files to your host. So if one of my hosts can do it, which files do I upload?

Gah sorry for being such a pain, I've never done coding for something like this, only simple things, so I need a gentle soul to guide me through this. πŸ™

Posted : 10/05/2009 8:29 pm
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

A good place to start would be to take a look at this wiki entry: https://efiction.org/wiki/index.php5?title=Installing_3.0 It should answer all or most of your questions. If not, you can always come back here and ask. ; )

Posted : 10/05/2009 9:42 pm
(@becca)
Honorable Member

I second Lyndsie, and will point you in the direction of other documentation such as the FAQ, as well as the Manual. Also for future reference please use the Support Request Template that is stickied at the top of every forum.
As for hosting, I'm familiar with Hawk Host, and I'm sure that you should be able to run eFiction on it. If you need further help that is not answered already on the forums, or the Wiki, let us know and we will be glad to help you.

Posted : 10/05/2009 10:14 pm
Share: