[BRIDGE] JFiction -...

Notifications
Clear all

[BRIDGE] JFiction - The Joomla 1.5 and eFiction Bridge

Page 3 / 3
Lyndsie
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

It looks as though you didn't add the code to languages/en.php like you were meant to. It's in the eFiction folder within the JFiction download. You're meant to copy and paste that from there into the languages/en.php of your eFic install.

The jFusion theme must not have the skinchange content variable included. This is probably because you won't want to change to other skins, because if you do the jFiction-specific blocks won't appear. But if you want to be able to change the skins anyway, you just need to edit the skin and add it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2010 3:29 am
Yukino
(@yukino)

oh! i see. i just uploaded that file and not added the contents to the other one. duh. my bad. thanks!

in installed the updates from the site too and while what you said took care of some of the errors i still have these one (when not logged (guest)):

?> 
Notice: Undefined variable: my_id in /home/animeex1/public_html/fanfics/blocks/jlogin/jlogin.php on line 71

Notice: Undefined variable: my_id in /home/animeex1/public_html/fanfics/blocks/jmenu/jmenu.php on line 57

Notice: Undefined variable: menu in /home/animeex1/public_html/fanfics/jfiction.php on line 210

and if i do login i get this:

?> 
Notice: Undefined variable: menu in /home/animeex1/public_html/fanfics/jfiction.php on line 210

Notice: Undefined variable: usermenu in /home/animeex1/public_html/fanfics/jfiction.php on line 253
ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2010 4:51 am
Lyndsie
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

I would guess that might have something to do with the Joomla side. Double-check that the plugins are activated/configured properly? Unfortunately, I don't really know that much about jFiction. I've only just installed it. You may have better luck posting at the actual jFiction site.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2010 8:17 am
Yukino
(@yukino)

I did try post there and haven't received any response.  Is Brat still working on this? Anyone else have any suggestions on how I might get rid of the errors.  They seem to be coming from the jfiction.php script sql stuff.  I think. @_@

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/03/2010 12:49 am
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

Turn debug off and they should go away.  If that doesn't work something in Joomla is probably turning the error reporting on full.  In that case to get rid of the errors, you just need to define those variables before they're used.  For instance:

$my_id = 0;
$menu = "";
$usermenu = "";

I'm just guessing what they should be defined since I haven't looked at the code.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/03/2010 6:09 am
Yukino
(@yukino)

Thanks Tammy, that worked, all that remains is a random ?>  but that's better than lines of debugging information for the time being!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2010 6:16 am
bsky92
(@bsky92)

great news, I'd like to have it on my site, but as it is very populated, I need a lot of testing before

Is there somewhere I can see how it works? a test site - or running site - somewhere?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2010 8:05 pm
Sakura Martinez
(@sakura-martinez)

Is this still under development? Any news with regards to this bridge?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2010 7:23 am
cleothemuse
(@cleothemuse)

I just emailed Brat to find out if he's still working on it...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/07/2010 1:35 pm
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Is there anything new to report on this?

I tried the bridge and it worked alright, but I wasn't able to log into the eFiction admin panel anymore, because jFiction redirected me directly to joomla and everything was messed up in the end.

I love how you can see the stories in the joomla user-profiles so that works just fine, but I'm not sure with everything else. But I'm not a crack at this, so it probably was all my fault anyway. 😉 But it would be too amazing to be true, if there were a simple solution to get more community into eFiction.

A bridged forum, a profile-guestbook or whatever else there might be. So I will keep on watching this thread for any possible updates because this would be the most amazing thing ever when it works properly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2010 9:01 pm
Piper
(@piper)
Trusted Member

Is there anything new to report on this?

I tried the bridge and it worked alright, but I wasn't able to log into the eFiction admin panel anymore, because jFiction redirected me directly to joomla and everything was messed up in the end.

I love how you can see the stories in the joomla user-profiles so that works just fine, but I'm not sure with everything else. But I'm not a crack at this, so it probably was all my fault anyway. 😉 But it would be too amazing to be true, if there were a simple solution to get more community into eFiction.

A bridged forum, a profile-guestbook or whatever else there might be. So I will keep on watching this thread for any possible updates because this would be the most amazing thing ever when it works properly.

Brat is still working on this. He's using it for a live/active project of his own. I was told there is a new version that includes an almost complete code re-write to clean up a lot of functions, but I've not seen it yet. I'm currently using this for a live site, but in my (and as far as I know, only my) installation the bridge has stopped allowing people to login to the efiction side of the site. But again, I think this is something specific to my installation.

-P/KAF/PT

StoryPortal Fiction Network - StoryPortal.Net
TG Fiction dot NET | T* Fiction Archive - TGFiction.Net
LG Tales | TG Style Fiction for LG's - LGTales.Com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2010 1:43 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: