Version: 3.5.3
Modified? Somewhat...
PHP:  5.3.3
MySQL: 5.0.91-community

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2009 11:21 pm
cleothemuse
(@cleothemuse)

I populated a fresh eFiction install with backup data from an existing one, and I'm running into a few errors.  Report here or at JoomlaCode?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2009 10:45 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Yes, please register bugs at JoomlaCode.

Just a reminder, if you are using different values for $settingsprefix and $tableprefix, this version won't work for you. This current version also only works off of a single database.  You'll need to wait for the next full release (JFiction 1.3).

You can't use the actual bug tracker (as that's for developers) but here is the Help forum link:
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/jfiction/forum/?action=ForumBrowse&forum_id=13005

Please post as much detail as you can possibly provide. That includes:

Joomla version
eFiction version
Community Builder (if used)
Whether you installed the other extensions (modules and plugins)
SEF (if enabled)
PHP version
MYSQL version
Server Environment (i.e, Apache)
Specific Error Messages (especially from PHP and/or MYSQL)

I can't emphasize enough how important it is to provide detailed error messages whenever possible. These usually help me pinpoint the problem, or at least give me a good map to start.

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/11/2009 9:09 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Hello all. This is a head's up that JFiction 1.2.1 will be available shortly. This is a bug fix version and doesn't add any new functionality.

I'm in the middle of testing the revised code, but so far it looks like everything's working properly.

When ready, you'll be able to download this from Joomla Code as usual.

I'm also going to be cleaning up the files archive so that only the current correct files are available for download.

Thanks to all who have submitted bug reports.  😎

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2009 6:56 pm
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

JFiction 1.2.1 is almost done. I had anticipated releasing it this weekend. However, while doing some session handling "power testing" a problem was discovered when Joomla members login with "Remember Me" checked. So, down the rabbit hole I went.  😐

Basically, I'm in the process of revamping the eFiction side of the bridge. This only affects a couple of files, so that's good news hopefully. Actually, the get vars file got much smaller.  🙂 I just need to confirm that sessions handle properly with both "Remember Me" and regular login between both platforms.

Also, while I was at it, I tweaked the code for all modules (yep, all five or six of 'em - I lost count) and both Community Builder plugins.

I'm aiming to have everything done and uploaded over Thanksgiving weekend.

Once this has settled, I can then turn to JFiction 1.3 in earnest.  😎

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/11/2009 2:03 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

JFiction 1.2.1 is now available for download. The core bridge, modules and Community Builder plugins are now found under that version.

This release is purely a bug fix version and doesn't add any new functionality.

This release represents the end of the JFiction 1.2.x series, and hopefully the end of Alpha phase. Once I get clear reports from the field, I can then begin JFiction 1.3 which will mark the Beta phase of the project.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2009 8:37 am
cleothemuse
(@cleothemuse)

Excellent!  Class is out for the semester, and I'm finally ready to give this another shot.  My clean installs of Joomla and eFiction (w/populated database) are in place, so all I need now is to download the new version of JFiction and take this carefully step-by-step.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2009 12:20 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Excellent!  Class is out for the semester, and I'm finally ready to give this another shot.  My clean installs of Joomla and eFiction (w/populated database) are in place, so all I need now is to download the new version of JFiction and take this carefully step-by-step.

There is a hold on Jfiction 1.2.1, as you'll see posted at Joomla Code.

I'm in the process though of rolling out JFiction 1.3. Yep, we decided to go full steam ahead and knock out the next version due to all the changes made.

This includes supporting eFiction on a separate database.

Also, there has been a bit of coding "breakthrough" as I may have actually finally been able to instantiate Joomla within eFiction (as before this seemed impossible due to fatal PHP errors). I'm testing a bit more, but this would have a wonderful on JFiction as a whole.

Please stay tuned, as I am working on all of this right now, and will know better by the end of this week how fast I can pull all of this together for a release. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2009 11:20 pm
cleothemuse
(@cleothemuse)

Okay, I'll stand by on it... I have other projects to work on at the moment and I'll be happy to hold off testing until 1.3 is ready.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/12/2009 10:37 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I just wanted to check in and let you all know that I'm closing in on JFiction 1.3. The sticking point has been session and cookie sharing between Joomla and eFiction. so that you can synchronize the systems (especially for "timing out" and log out). This has been a real BEAST because the systems are so dissimilar, and in fact I've spent the last week just working this out. I'm almost there, I just need to stabilize the code a bit more. Of course, I have to do this around my regular schedule, and free time has been really limited over the last week or two.

Thanks for your continued support and understanding.  😎

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/12/2009 10:29 pm
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Sorry the question

Iam installing the jFiction and when I accessed my site and logged ( http://senna-4ever.com) appeared this message

JFIC_AUTHENTICATION_FAILEDDB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'senna4ever.settingsfanfiction_authors' doesn't exist SQL=INSERT INTO `settingsfanfiction_authors` ( `realname`,`penname`,`email`,`image`,`date`,`admincreated`,`password` ) VALUES ( 'Tiago Mosley :B','admin','tiago_romualdo@yahoo.com.br','','2010-01-06 01:55:52','0','xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' )
JFIC_LOGIN_FAILEDDB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'senna4ever.settingsfanfiction_authors' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT uid,penname,password,email FROM settingsfanfiction_authors WHERE id = '62'

the "xxx..." because this a number corresponding to "password"
i am trying to create a table on myslq to resolve the poblem but i don't knoe hot to do

anyone could help me?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2010 6:08 am
Lyndsie
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

Support for JFiction has its own website. Check the original post for the link. It's the best place to go, as most regular eFiction users won't know.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2010 6:56 pm
Azurite
(@azurite)
Estimable Member

Oh, this is awesome! I've already got two eFic sites, one of which I'd rather have be bridged with this and Joomla, since I was going to change my whole site (basically a portal) into a Joomla site, except I know very little Joomla. Bridging the two should hopefully get me all the functionality I want and help familiarize me with the Joomla-ish components...I hope.

Anyway, any luck with 1.3? It sounds great, and I'm glad to hear progress is moving along so well!

Archive: Dragonfayth
eFiction: 3.5.5
Latest Patch(es): Yes
bridged?: No
modified?: Yes
PHP: 5.3.27
MySQL: 5.5.42-cll

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2010 6:51 am
sullenriot
(@sullenriot)
Eminent Member

This sounds like it could resolve alot of problems. I actually jumped in and tried the 1.2.1 bridge, however I ran into an issue in regards to my pre-existing efiction install not having a prefix to its tables. I posted a thread on Joomla codes, hopefully someone can help me jump this hurdle?

Thanks!
-Chrissy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/02/2010 11:32 pm
Yukino
(@yukino)

Hi,

First of all. this mod is exactly what I'm looking for.

On my site though ( I believe I followed all instructions correctly)

I'm getting the following error message above my layouts although the script continues to run:

Notice: Use of undefined constant _JFIC_JPROFILE - assumed '_JFIC_JPROFILE' in /home/animeex1/public_html/fanfics/blocks/jlogin/jlogin.php on line 85

Notice: Use of undefined constant _JFIC_ADMINISTRATOR - assumed '_JFIC_ADMINISTRATOR' in /home/animeex1/public_html/fanfics/blocks/jlogin/jlogin.php on line 87

Notice: Use of undefined constant _JFIC_AUTHOR_ACCOUNT - assumed '_JFIC_AUTHOR_ACCOUNT' in /home/animeex1/public_html/fanfics/blocks/jlogin/jlogin.php on line 89

Notice: Use of undefined constant _JFIC_LOGOUT - assumed '_JFIC_LOGOUT' in /home/animeex1/public_html/fanfics/blocks/jlogin/jlogin.php on line 90

how can i resolve this? I just used the core package when I installed.
additionally I selected your jfusion theme from the dropdown but now I see no dropdown to change to other themes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2010 2:04 am
Page 2 / 3
Share: