Sigil, any thoughts? Its an epub editor, free  

RSS
itanshi
(@itanshi)
Reputable Member
babaca
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

I use Sigil all the time for making epubs of others works on the web that I want to load on my ebook reader to read later. Didn't know it had updated. *clicks download* Were you wondering on how to incorporate it in the next generation of efic?

******************************************Mucking around in eFiction since circa 2001 (ver. 1.0)Now running v.3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/02/2013 6:34 am
itanshi
(@itanshi)
Reputable Member

I'm sure at some point it can be an addon. I'm not that familiar with this, just found it interesting. I'm looking for good software that can  convert docx and odt etc. TBS might work. www.tinybutstrong.com

I am rebuilding efiction! Join us on irc! #efiction at www.mibbit.com Instructions for irc 😀 Alpha released!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/02/2013 7:45 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I'm looking into TBS, however I'm also looking into https://gist.github.com/lovasoa/1918801

If the github odt converter works as intended it shouldn't be too hard to modify it to handle docx/doc files as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/02/2013 10:29 am
Sue
 Sue
(@sue)
Estimable Member

I use Calibre to both create and manage my epubs (or indeed, most ebook formats). There is a docx plugin for it. There are also brilliant plugins to get ffnet stories as well as many efiction sites (among others - I will be adding my site if I ever finish the re-skin) and merge epubs.

I use dotEpub to create epubs of "normal" webpages and Squeebook for LJ (LJ, which is the worst ever fic publishing system IMO).

I used to use Sigil to edit the epubs to get them the way I wanted them, but once I got to 1000+ files, I decided not to bother 🙂

I import all epubs into Calibre and add whatever metadata is required.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/02/2013 9:42 am
babaca
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

Caliibre is good too, Sue. They do use lots of plug-ins so I guess it would probably be a better efiction fit.

Here's their URL for anyone wanting to check it out:

http://calibre-ebook.com/

******************************************Mucking around in eFiction since circa 2001 (ver. 1.0)Now running v.3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/02/2013 4:01 pm
itanshi
(@itanshi)
Reputable Member

LJ is the worst anything imho, dreamwidth is a good fork of it tho.

I am rebuilding efiction! Join us on irc! #efiction at www.mibbit.com Instructions for irc 😀 Alpha released!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/02/2013 6:16 pm
Share: