Forum

Notifications
Clear all

I'm curious about future development of this site and forum.

itanshi
(@itanshi)
Reputable Member

I'd like a roll call on the volunteers and maybe if need be a motion for gaining more. Thank you.

I am rebuilding efiction! Join us on irc! #efiction at www.mibbit.com Instructions for irc 😀 Alpha released!

Topic starter Posted : 29/05/2013 7:41 pm
banshee
(@banshee)
Member Admin

I'm definitely interested in future versions and changes,  but I'm not much of a coder beyond HTML & CSS and basic PHP. I've been interested in Rebecca Smallwood's development of a fanfiction plugin for wordpress, and I've tweaked a couple of my wordpress sites for fanfic recs. But that's about all.

I love making skins for efiction though.

eFiction Archives: Tom Paris Dorm | Twice Bitten | Underground

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2013 7:46 pm
jacci
(@jacci)
Honorable Member

There are plans to upgrade the forum to the latest version of the software, and I would like to resurrect the wiki and fix whatever is going on there as well. I am awaiting transfer of the files before any of that can happen, and if anybody has any ideas about what they would like to see as we move forward,, it would be great to get a discussion going.

why is nothing ever easy?
url: http://www.pretendercentre.com/missingpieces/     
php: 5.2.5  msql: 5.0.45-community
efic version: 3.4.3           latest patches: yes
bridges: none              mods: challenges, displayword, beta-search

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2013 9:25 pm
itanshi
(@itanshi)
Reputable Member

Well, for one. I'd like a call out for additional developers and designers. Also, I'd like to get as many fanfiction writers in on this as possible. I'm just one person and I'm being held back by this and that atm. I'm going to try to rebuild this using Laravel 4 this month. As for the forum, sooner the better. Nothing says life for a website more than a rare makeover.

I am rebuilding efiction! Join us on irc! #efiction at www.mibbit.com Instructions for irc 😀 Alpha released!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/06/2013 11:10 pm
banshee
(@banshee)
Member Admin

Hi itanshi,

Love what your doing. Might be worth making a post about this at Rebecca Smallwoods site, and I'll send out a couple of emails to other archive owners I know that would be interested, as they might potentially know developers. I can't help on the development side (I'm just not advanced enough), but I'd be happy to help in any way that I can.

eFiction Archives: Tom Paris Dorm | Twice Bitten | Underground

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2013 11:34 pm
jacci
(@jacci)
Honorable Member

Rebecca's project, which i have been watching with keen interest is on hiatus for now unfortunately, and hopefully they will get going again soon.
Yes, a makeover would be fabulous and i am itching to get to it lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/06/2013 6:39 am
cyanne
(@cyanne)

We're still using efiction for a single fandom site and would love to see the software keep going. Updates would be wonderful but I know that takes a lot of work. I'm not a coder but I'd be willing to be a tester if that helps any.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/06/2013 12:52 pm
itanshi
(@itanshi)
Reputable Member

I feel the strength of the script will depend a lot on the strength of the community behind it. I've received a couple emails with lists of potential objectives. Thank you for your support and interest. Stay tuned.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/06/2013 5:18 am
itanshi
(@itanshi)
Reputable Member

Alright, script aside. What shall we do for this forum and website? I'd give it a total new age make over. Should this be received well (cheer for me!) I'll do a mock up. Heck if anyone else wants to try, I'll challenge you for it!

I also think we should do regular chat meetings (I'm seriously in the irc room every day, tho the url in my signature is wrong, we're on freenode.net now)

OFC putting said link on the main page aand posting more news updates. No matter how small, activity breeds activity in a given community!

Also if anyone wants to advertise for this community, just put it in your signature, something like 'efiction.org the open source fanfiction cms and community. Efiction 4 coming soon!' or something. Put this on any community you are allowed to do so at. Blog about it, etc.

Oh I know, make a placard and put it on your pets and walk them in local parks. Any pet. 😀

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/06/2013 9:30 pm
jacci
(@jacci)
Honorable Member

I do want to upgrade the forum to version 2 for smf, and that will require a new theme, we can either replicate or go with a whole new look. The problem is i still haven't got my grubby mits on the files so i am in limbo until they are handed over.

I want to add a lot of social media options to so people can like, and have set up a facebook page.  http://www.facebook.com/efic.tion.7

And hopefully we can build a much more active community thru things like facebook etc.

Will be looking for help in this area, as social networking is not my best skill, skinning and messing with efic is what i like to do best  😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2013 10:14 pm
itanshi
(@itanshi)
Reputable Member

I can certainly do social network marketing. I do not use facebook myself, but I am familiar with how it works.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/06/2013 4:49 am
itanshi
(@itanshi)
Reputable Member

Got new questions, what is the status of my being able to use the name of efiction 4?

I'm also all for a page devoted to forks, cousins scripts etc. Another for plugins, addons etc. Heck, paid plugins are the way of the future, I'm just too green for that atm.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/06/2013 7:57 pm
jacci
(@jacci)
Honorable Member

I think for the name, you would need to ask Tammy about that, she was working on efiction4, and from memory did get pretty far with it. So she would be the best person to talk to about that. Rebeccca developed the script and then Tammy upgraded it to v2 and v3.

As for dedicated forum boards, and plugins etc, that is an absolute must. To cut down clutter i was thinking of folding all the threads on version 1 and 2 support into an archive and getting a bunch of new boards running.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2013 9:09 pm
itanshi
(@itanshi)
Reputable Member

Sounds good, I can use the current name (efiction+) for the time being. Thank you for the position, but grab a couple of the posts i made and add them to it. That should help in the long run. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/06/2013 11:05 pm
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I'd be willing to beta-test anything new.

Though I'm personally planning on sticking with WordPress/BuddyPress and eventually a plugin for that and eFiction for now. 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/07/2013 4:11 am
Share: