(@katiedv)

URL to your eFiction: http://gossip-fic.net    test account: test  pwd: test123
Version of eFiction: 3.4.3
Have you bridged eFiction, if so with what?: No
Version of PHP: 5.0
Version of MySQL: 5.0
Have you searched for your problem: Yes
If so, what terms did you try: sub categories, sub-categories,
State the nature of your problem: None of the sub-categories are showing up.  Its a brand new site, and I just added a couple of categories, and then another couple of subcategories under those.  None of the categories are locked, and I have multiple categories enagbled under settings.  I can select a top level category, but not a subcategory.  The + sign to the left doesn't work eitiher.  If I actully click on categories, the two top level categories show up, and then the listed subcategories.  But they won't show up if I'm trying to add them to a story.  I tried viewing it on IE7 and the new version of Firefox.  I'm also on windows vista, in case that has anything to do with it...

Topic starter Posted : 25/08/2008 7:27 am
babaca
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

Vista doesn't factor into it at all. It seems like a few things aren't working in the stories. Include co-authors (unless you have that turned off). I would suggest re-uploading some of your efiction files again. I would go for the stories.php, admin folder, admin.php, everything in the includes folder (especially categories.php). Maybe something didn't upload properly the first time around.

Mucking around in eFiction since circa 2001 (ver. 1.0)
Now running v.3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2008 1:05 pm
KatieDV
(@katiedv)

Co-authors isn't turned off.  And the featured story isn't coming up.  I'm taking a look at the skin to see if its just a matter of editing it (I'm using zenlike for now) but it doesn't seem to be that.  I'll going to try your suggestion right now.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/08/2008 1:40 pm
KatieDV
(@katiedv)

I just did what you suggested, and it didn't work.  I also refreshed and cleared my cache.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/08/2008 2:08 pm
KatieDV
(@katiedv)

I'm wondering, would it be something in the database table for the challenges?  I already tried reuploading all the script, and that didn't seem to help.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/08/2008 9:40 pm
Jan_AQ
(@jan_aq)
Noble Member

Can you please check and see if this is still an issue with 3.5? Thank you!

Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/04/2009 5:00 am
itanshi
(@itanshi)
Reputable Member

If i squint, this looks like the same problem i described. Katie, could you confirm what you saw with what I have posted? https://efiction.org/forums/index.php?topic=6331.msg34224#msg34224

I am rebuilding efiction! Join us on irc! #efiction at www.mibbit.com Instructions for irc 😀 Alpha released!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/04/2009 5:36 am
itanshi
(@itanshi)
Reputable Member

Ah, I know what this problem is. I fresh installed 3.5 in another location. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39FTakfYAC8

just reinstalled it once more and no changes. +'s fail to register a click

I am rebuilding efiction! Join us on irc! #efiction at www.mibbit.com Instructions for irc 😀 Alpha released!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2009 4:23 pm
itanshi
(@itanshi)
Reputable Member

not fixed in 351

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2009 12:46 pm
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

I think partially fixed in 3.5.1.  I've updated the SVN with a better fix.

http://efiction.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/efiction/includes/javascript.js?view=diff&r1=3&r2=13&diff_format=h

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2009 9:57 pm
itanshi
(@itanshi)
Reputable Member

Ah it opens, closes, and doesn't weirdly half open when i open the next category. awesome thanks ^^ I know how code can be heh

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2009 12:17 am
kali
 kali
(@kali)
Reputable Member

Our users have been experiencing this problem, but only in IE. I uploaded the updated javascript.js but it doesn't appear to have fixed the problem.

Skins made by Kali are no longer supported!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/04/2009 9:52 am
Senkusha
(@senkusha)
Eminent Member

I'm having this problem in Firefox (using the latest efiction from the Downloads section, clean install.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2009 5:27 pm
itanshi
(@itanshi)
Reputable Member

The SVN has an update to javascript.js

http://efiction.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/efiction/includes/javascript.js

Put it in the includes folder

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2009 5:32 pm
Senkusha
(@senkusha)
Eminent Member

That didn't solve the issue.  I just changed the structure of the categories.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2009 11:46 am
Page 1 / 3
Share: