Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Sub-categories not showing up

Page 3 / 3
Jan_AQ
(@jan_aq)
Noble Member

Someone please update as to whether or not this has been fixed (newest SVN files) by testing on their archive. Thank you!

Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2010 9:36 am
KatieDV
(@katiedv)

I'm sorry it's taken me this long to update.  I just sort of stopped/gave up on the archive.

I updated it to 3.5.1, and it works on Google Chrome, but not with IE 8, not even under compatibility view.  I don't have Firefox, but I can get the feature to work on Opera.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/01/2011 12:20 am
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

The current version is 3.5.3.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/01/2011 4:56 pm
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I had exactly the same problem, tried everything suggested here, nothing helped.
Asked a pro, found the solution!
There is nothing wrong with eFiction itself, problem file is php.ini (which is actually what runs php). It seems that mine (run at localhost) had a bug that caused errors to be added i.e. to the beginning of categorylist.php. That was the reason why sub-category listings were not showed.
After repairing the php.ini, everything works fine.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2011 6:57 pm
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I am having a similar problem to the ones posted here about sub-categories. I've done a search and been through all the solutions that have been suggested on various threads, but I still cannot click on the expand button next to my category, and when I'm on the submission page, clicking on the parent category doesn't bring up the list of sub-categories.

The site is www.thehogwartslibrary.hostoi.com

I'm still very new to the coding side of things and therefore if anyone could explain how I might be able to fix things in idiot terms, I'd be very grateful!

It seems to be a problem across IE, FF and Chrome, and I've done several reinstalls and cache clearing.

URL to your eFiction: www.thehogwartslibrary.hostoi.com
Version of eFiction: 3.5.3
Have you bridged eFiction, if so with what?: no
Version of PHP: can be found out from your host: 5.2
Version of MySQL: can be found out from your host: 5.1
Do you have a test account for us? Yes  user: admin_test, password: test123

I'm not sure whether it's still okay to post here but this is driving me a little bit insane so I was hoping someone might have the answer 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2011 3:01 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Hi. I'm having exactly the same problem as sky17 and the original poster. Subcategories don't show when I attempt to publish a story, plus sign next to the categories in the admin area doesn't work, etc. I created two different sites using eFiction 3.5.3, and the same thing happened on both, even when I changed the skin or tried to view it in another browser. (Tried IE, Firefox and Chrome.) Has a solution for that ever been found?

My website: http://fanficnacional.netne.net/
Version: 3.5.3
PHP version: 5.2.
MySQL version: 5.1
Not bridged

Also, I should probably warn you that some of the links on the website are in Portuguese. Admin area is mostly still in English, though.

Edit: forgot to say I searched the forum before posting this and tried everything that's been suggested so far.

Edit2: Nevermind, I think I got it. After looking at sky17's website, I realized that we have the same host in common, so I did a quick search and it appears that 00webhost secretly inserts tracking codes and other stuff in its websites. That's the reason why the buttons weren't working. After I installed eFiction on another hosting site, they worked just fine.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2013 1:37 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: