Trusted Member

URL to your eFiction: [removed]
Version of eFiction: 3.5.5
Have you bridged eFiction, if so with what?: No
Version of PHP: 5.4.25
Version of MySQL: 5.6.13
Have you searched for your problem:Yes
If so, what terms did you try: SMTP, Mail, GMAIL settings
State the nature of your problem: My host's mail is actually blocked through many providers, and is pretty crappy in any case, taking "45-70 minutes" to send on average. They did confirm that I can use external/remote SMTP to get around this issue. What I need is this: Simple, complete directions on how to set this up and implement it for my site.
Do you have a test account for us? Yes. Name and pass are test1

Topic starter Posted : 02/02/2016 3:34 pm
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Member Admin

ACP
Settings
e-Mail settings
Enter SMTP credentials
Submit

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/02/2016 6:13 pm
sisterwicked
(@sisterwicked)
Trusted Member

I don't need to change port information anywhere, or anything like that? In the replies I did find through search, it seemed that most needed either ssl, authentication or the port number changes in the tpls..

EDIT: Yeah, tried that for gmail's free server and it didn't work. Also tried it with an SMTP service I signed up for and that didn't work either, in any of the contact functions. The page sits and loads and loads and then goes to another page with names and x's, 'error! we encountered an error, no mail was sent' or 'go back and try again'.

Any ideas..?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/02/2016 6:25 pm
soundspretty
(@soundspretty)
Trusted Member

I'm not familiar with the requirements for Google/Gmail SMTP but I'm guessing in order to modify Port information you'll need to edit the email script. Off the top of my head I know each contact form calls includes/emailer.php so that may be a good place to start.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2016 5:43 pm
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Member Admin

I removed the link to your archive.

Reason: Nothing against using freehosts, but when I try to
1) open them my A/V software blocks the network
2) read source with lynx I get a "403 forbidden"
things look shady already.

I finally got my hands on the actual index file, the one you get when you navigate there, and like before, it's full of cryptic javascript. Cryptic usually translates to "up to no good", and as much as I'd like to help with specific problems - although I am not really Mr. eFiction 3 support - I don't want this kind of malcontent linked on this board.

And no, eFiction3 does not do this by default:

<html><body>
<script type="text/javascript" src=""/aes.js"" ></script>
<script>function toNumbers(d) {
  var e = [];
  d.replace(/(..)/g, function(d) {
    e.push(parseInt(d, 16))
  });
  return e
}

function toHex() {
  for (var d = [], d = 1 == arguments.length && arguments[0].constructor == Array ? arguments[0] : arguments, e = "", f = 0; f < d.length; f++) e += (16 > d[f] ? "0" : "") + d[f].toString(16);
  return e.toLowerCase()
}
var a = toNumbers("f655ba9d09a112d4968c63579db590b4"),
  b = toNumbers("98344c2eee86c3994890592585b49f80"),
  c = toNumbers("5fea6f408889e28b2a494ae7d98e749b");
document.cookie="__test="+toHex(slowAES.decrypt(c,2,a,b))+"; expires=Thu, 31-Dec-37 2355 GMT; path=/"; document.cookie="referrer="+escape(document.referrer); location.href="" http://asshat.0fees.net/?ckattempt=1";</script><noscript>Thi s" site requires Javascript to work, please enable Javascript in your browser or use a browser with Javascript support</noscript></body></html>
ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2016 3:14 pm
Share: