Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Unable to access the page links area through admin panel

sisterwicked
(@sisterwicked)
Trusted Member

This is only happening on one install. Copying the admin folder, the admin php and maintainance php from the working sites directories did not correct the issue. How would you suggest I fix this?

URL to your eFiction: http://asshatproductions.dx.am
Version of eFiction: 3.5.5
Have you bridged eFiction, if so with what?: No
Version of PHP: 5.4.45
Version of MySQL: 5.5
Have you searched for your problem:Yes
If so, what terms did you try:pagelinks, admin error
State the nature of your problem: Redirect to host error page when trying to access page links area in admin panel.
Do you have a test account for us? Yes. Name and pass are test1

Topic starter Posted : 22/01/2016 2:14 pm
soundspretty
(@soundspretty)
Trusted Member

What URL does the link point to (before clicking it - when you hover on the link). Does it point to admin.php?action=links?

If so from the panels pages, find the Page Link and see if the values match what is below:

Name:links
Title: Page Links
URL to Panel: (blank)
Level: 1
Hidden: (unchecked)
Type: A

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/01/2016 2:07 pm
sisterwicked
(@sisterwicked)
Trusted Member

Thank you for your response.
On hovering, the link shown is indeed asshatproductions.dx.am/admin.php?action=links.
The settings under panels are as you had shown.
This is also the case on my identical install, and after checking the sql for both manually, I see no differences of any sort.
This is truly confusing, but also the reason I did 2 installs, since I use one to test features for debugging the one I intend to keep.
Any other ideas on how to resolve this? I suppose I could always do things manually through the database, but I would like to avoid that since 1 error could very well mean there are others I simply haven't discovered yet. Fixing the problem would end up being more helpful that any number of clever workarounds. 🙁

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/01/2016 6:58 pm
soundspretty
(@soundspretty)
Trusted Member

Might be a dumb question, but do you have the file "links.php" in the admin folder?

So it looks like your host has it set up that any 404 error takes the visitor to their site. My best guess is that it can't find the links.php page for some reason.

Are your two installs on the same host/account? If so and it works on one install and not the other AND the links.php exists then that's very weird. Do you have an .htaccess file on this install? Does anything look out of the norm that could maybe be causing the error?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/01/2016 7:38 pm
sisterwicked
(@sisterwicked)
Trusted Member

Two different hosts, and yes there is a links.php in the admin folder. As for an hta access, one install has one, this one does not. I used to have a custom error page for the site, but I hadn't gotten around to doing one for these yet. I'm currently backing everything up and preparing to reinstall  on this server, hopefully it will fix any errors. The page I see is a 403 error, not a 404. Is that significant?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/01/2016 8:03 pm
soundspretty
(@soundspretty)
Trusted Member

403 error means forbidden, or you don't have permission to access while 404 means the page cannot be found. Is the page links the only page in the admin section that is giving you problems? I'm trying to figure out why it would target that file and not the others. Is links.php chmoded to 644?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/01/2016 8:13 pm
sisterwicked
(@sisterwicked)
Trusted Member

Oddly enough, nearly everything is set as 755. I manually changed the permissions for the stories folder and the config file, but that's all. Could that have been causing the problem all along? I didn't change anything but those two permissions on the other install either and its always been fine 🙁

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/01/2016 8:17 pm
soundspretty
(@soundspretty)
Trusted Member

Could be. On my site all the folders have a permission of 755 and all the files are 644.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/01/2016 8:22 pm
Share: