Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Submitted stories are showing incorrect info

JoeSixPack
(@joesixpack)

Hi folks.

So, at tgstorytime.com, the site I run, I'm having an issue I haven't found in the support threads. (Adult site, be warned)

When a user submits a new story, and they do a preview, the story preview page shows that they have a co-author they never chose and the story gets attached to five series they didn't add. If they don't do a preview, the issue doesn't come up. If they don't clean it up, the new settings get saved.

And oddly, if they just click on the unwanted name in the co-author field when editing the story info, it disappears without any further action.

It affects non-validated users, validated users and admins. The co-author and the series that get magically added are always the same ones every time. It does not affect chapters being added, just new story submissions. I checked in the database on the user being added and the series being added, and there's nothing odd at first glance.

I lack any real in-depth understanding of php or databases, just enough to hack a little bit. So if anyone has an idea, I'd be grateful to know what's going on and if it can be fixed.

Joe
admin@tgstorytime.com

Topic starter Posted : 16/12/2014 11:53 pm
Lyndsie
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

Can you provide some of the info in the support request template, such as the version of eFiction and of PHP & MySQL? Also, has your site been modded in any way, including the latest hotfix?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2014 12:18 am
JoeSixPack
(@joesixpack)

Can you provide some of the info in the support request template, such as the version of eFiction and of PHP & MySQL? Also, has your site been modded in any way, including the latest hotfix?

URL to your eFiction: http://www.tgstorytime.com
Version of eFiction: 3.5.3
Have you bridged eFiction, if so with what?: No. The forum software is designed to reverse-bridge without modification to eFiction.
Version of PHP: PHP Version 5.4.35
Version of MySQL: Client Version: 5.0.96
Have you searched for your problem: Yes
If so, what terms did you try: "series" "co-author" "incorrect input" "preview" and variations of those.
State the nature of your problem: No errors reported. The preview page coming from a new story submission shows incorrect additions of series and a co-author. Both are the same every time.
Do you have a test account for us? No, due to security issues. But registering is automatic.

I have performed several "hack" mods here and there, mostly CSS-realted to assign tags for CSS formatting. Some elements have been deleted, and some bug fixes have been applied along the way. This error cropped up several months removed from my last changes to any php files, and the site has been operating for over three years.

I did not apply the hotfix, as it appears to disable some essential features of the site.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/12/2014 1:06 am
TheCreeps92
(@thecreeps92)

I've had this same issue as well. I'm now using the 3.5 version.

What's more, is that the new users that sign up dont have the ability to upload their own stories. :/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2015 10:32 pm
Share: