Notifications
Clear all

SOLVED Stories to be validated (but they're not in the system)

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Sue
(@sue)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

URL to your eFiction: http://fictioning.net/index.php
Version of eFiction:3.5.3
Have you bridged eFiction: NO
Version of PHP: 5.4.21
Version of MySQL: 5.5
Have you searched for your problem: Yes
If so, what terms did you try: validate
State the nature of your problem: Msg: "There are 24 chapters waiting to be validated." (But the problem is, there are NO stories.
Do you have a test account for us? Just ask

A couple of years ago, my site was hosted by Bluehost (avoid! don't go near them! shysters!) and the server crashed. Big time. I lost everything - all my websites (including fictioning.net) and there were no backups at all from the host (because after you exceed a secret number of files, they don't back up - or tell you).

The good news was the databases were on another server and I'd backed up the site a month or so before.

However, in that month, one author had added 24 stories. They were lost. But ever since, the system reports "There are 24 chapters waiting to be validated" but, of course, the stories are gone.

As I'm cleaning up the site, reskinning etc, I thought I'd fix up this issue in the revamp. I've tried running maintenance etc but no go. Before I tinker in the database, I thought I'd get some advice here first.

thanks,

Posted : 29/01/2014 5:44 pm
 SJP
(@sjp)
Trusted Member

I'm not sure, but if I had to guess, I think that the stories are listed in the database as unvalidated, but the actual story content isn't there if you have the stories saved in files. Is the story information there (like title, author, etc...)? Of is it just blank when you try to validate the stories?

Posted : 29/01/2014 6:17 pm
 Sue
(@sue)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

The stories are listed in the admin area, waiting to be "validated" but there's a title and description but no story text.

Oh, well...that's embarrassing. I can delete them from the back end. Doh!

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Posted : 30/01/2014 4:48 am
Share: