Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Members getting "Access denied." when trying to post a new story

Garnet
(@garnet)

Few members have emailed me saying that when they try to post their story they get this message "Access denied. This story has not been validated by the administrators of this site." This is odd because other members are able to post their stories without any problems.
Any ideas why this is happening only to some members?

Topic starter Posted : 11/02/2014 7:52 pm
babaca
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

Under Admin->Settings->Submission settings

Is "Turn off unsolicited submissions:" set to Yes or No? (No meaning anyone can submit or Yes, no one can submit with a few exceptions)?

Is "Automatically validate all stories:" set to Yes or No?

Are these users validated to post stories on your site? (Admin->Members) Click on someone listed that you want to validate and you should get a question asking if you want to validate that author)

The only other thing I can think of would be if the folks submitting stories using words that freak out PHP (I can't remember what they were but PHP thinks that they are commands and not just text in a story.).  Is the word "Curl" in their stories?

Mucking around in eFiction since circa 2001 (ver. 1.0)
Now running v.3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2014 11:18 pm
Garnet
(@garnet)

Only a few members are having this problem, like 4 or 5 everyone else can post a story without any problems. It must be they are using weird words in their stories but my site is in spanish so I don't know.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/02/2014 1:52 am
babaca
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

Are their member names shorter than 3 characters? I seem to remember that was another thing that would freak out efiction.

Now running v.3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2014 4:35 pm
Garnet
(@garnet)

Nope, most of them have names like Alexa97 and things like that.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/02/2014 5:18 pm
babaca
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

I'm stumped. Hopefully someone else has a better idea.

Now running v.3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/02/2014 6:34 pm
SJP
 SJP
(@sjp)
Trusted Member

Are the people getting this message trying to post a new story or adding to an existing one. The message "Access denied. This story has not been validated by the administrators of this site." usually shows up when there's an issue with the story, not the member. If they're trying to add to an existing story, can you go in as an admin and add to the story? It's kind of hard to know what's wrong if we can't see it in action.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/02/2014 2:34 pm
Share: