Forum

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Share authors table between 2 eFiction sites.

Page 2 / 2
cleothemuse
(@cleothemuse)

It's still the same.  You just change

define ("_AUTHORTABLE", _AUTHORPREFIX."fanfiction_authors as author"); // Do not change the aliasing (the "as author" part)!

to read

define ("_AUTHORTABLE", "NEWPREFIXfanfiction_authors as author"); // Do not change the aliasing (the "as author" part)!

where "NEWPREFIX" is the prefix for your "original" site.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2009 11:48 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

My question is similar but different. I'm wanting to create a Mobile version of my site that is not just a skin the readers can chose.

For the mobile version I want the Categories to be in 1 column not the 5 I have them in currently, and I would like to have 5-10 stories per page not the 30 I use for my regular website. These changes I know I can't do for just 1 skin, so I have thought about creating a sub folder restarting the archive in that folder but with the mobile skin and connecting it to the same database so that no matter which "site" members use both are effected.

Would this work or would I end up messing up my archive?

Site: www.twihardfic.com
example moble site: www.twihardfic.com/m

thanks for the help,
Cella

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2010 10:40 pm
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

You can actually do that with skins using a variables.php.  See the wiki.

$settings['itemsperpage'] = 5;
$settings['columns'] = 1;

That's off the top of my head.  It may be 'numcolumns' instead of 'columns'.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/07/2010 1:17 pm
eddieatthegov
(@eddieatthegov)

Can we share Rating, series, and category names too?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2011 2:45 pm
Kate
 Kate
(@kate)
Estimable Member

Thank You Tammy, its worked for me. I have folder Fiction in root directory. A have efiction main site in root. I use Fiction as site B and I was able to log in. Thank you. 🙂 I just tried it.

I know this is an old post, but how do we get it so that we only have one log in please. I'm finding that I have to log in twice on each site.

thank u
Kate

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2018 6:53 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: