Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Errors notice showing on header

Sammu
(@sammu)
Eminent Member

Hi there guys!

I'm developing a new skin for my efiction based on a previous one. However, i'm getting annoying errors on the header such like:

Notice: Undefined index: action in /homez.51/smportug/www/fanfics/authors.php on line 24

in the AUTHORS page

or

Notice: Undefined index: recentblock in /homez.51/smportug/www/fanfics/includes/class.TemplatePower.inc.php on line 701

Notice: Undefined index: recentblock in /homez.51/smportug/www/fanfics/includes/class.TemplatePower.inc.php on line 701

Notice: Undefined index: in /homez.51/smportug/www/fanfics/includes/class.TemplatePower.inc.php on line 701

Notice: Undefined index: recentblock in /homez.51/smportug/www/fanfics/includes/class.TemplatePower.inc.php on line 706

Notice: Undefined index: recentblock in /homez.51/smportug/www/fanfics/includes/class.TemplatePower.inc.php on line 713

on the index.

Please notice that I've the Debug Info turned OFF in the Site Settings. Any ideas how to resolve this?

The complete URL is http://pt-fics.sm-portugal.com

Thanks 😉

Topic starter Posted : 02/02/2012 5:22 am
Ami Sapphire
(@ami-sapphire)

It's not showing for me. Probably fixed.

Site: http://cwcyrix.no-ip.info/fhaven/ (private)
Server: Ubuntu Linux Server 11.10 (home)
Version: eFiction 3.5.3
PHP: 5.3.10
MySQL: 5.5.20
Modules: Challenges 1.4, Recs 1.3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/02/2012 9:44 pm
babaca
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

You probably had Debug turned on in your settings. If you turn it off all that goes away. Debug should never stay on, it should only be turned on when you are having problems and it helps the developers diagnosis what the problem may be.

It's found in Admin->Settings->Site Settings (may sure Display Debug Information is set to NO).

Mucking around in eFiction since circa 2001 (ver. 1.0)
Now running v.3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/02/2012 10:37 pm
Sammu
(@sammu)
Eminent Member

babaca, just like I said - I had the debug off.

The warnings disappeared by themselves, althought I don't have a logic explanation for that x)

Thanks anyway guys 😉

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/02/2012 12:34 am
babaca
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

Oops... I missed that last line of your original post. Whatever the initial problem was, it must have resolved itself. Maybe something was going on with your webhost and it popped up that error.

Mucking around in eFiction since circa 2001 (ver. 1.0)
Now running v.3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/02/2012 12:40 am
Sammu
(@sammu)
Eminent Member

.... and the errors are back =/

Really don't know what to do, any help?

Thanks

Edit:

Solved the problem by adding

<?php error_reporting (E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE); ? in header.php