Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Bugs

marcy
(@marcy)
Eminent Member

I've been finally working with E Fic 5 and noticed some bugs after the upgrade. All installations worked successfully.

1) During install if you don't install the contest module you will get an error in the backend when installation is complete. The Archive area will be absent and won't display the categories within it. Hence this bug:

Undefined index: contests

[fiction/app/model/admincp.php(247) : eval()'d code:1] Base->{closure}()
[fiction/app/model/admincp.php:247] eval()
[fiction/app/controller/admincp.php:27] ModelAdminCP->showMenu()
[fiction/app/controller/admincp.php:22] ControllerAdminCP->showMenu()
[fiction/index.php:117] Base->run()

* This one is resolved I just added the two tables: Contest and Contest_Relations  and input the setting into the config via the optional modules table. {"recommendations"1}

2) Can't post news can add headline but can't post the actual news and even though the date is right when you post it it shows wrong on the frontend. Hence this error:

Call to a member function format() on boolean [/home/a123456/public_html/site/fiction/app/model/admincp.php:1086]

[fiction/app/controller/admincp_home.php:246] ModelAdminCP->saveNews()
[fiction/app/controller/admincp_home.php:23] ControllerAdminCP_Home->news()

3) Can post stories fine but no updates show not sure why maybe cause i just imported it but word count works then it just lists 1.

4) The categories widget shows but when click no actual stories are produced.

5) User control panel can't add story chapter. does this mean I need to add a table cause in the admin panel I can add a new chapter. So must be error in the coding of the user control panel.

PDOStatement: Table 'asd123456_fic.new5_users' doesn't exist

[fiction/app/model/base.php:19] DBSQL->exec()
[fiction/app/model/base.php:307] ModelBase->exec()
[fiction/app/model/usercp.php:533] ModelBase->storyChapterAdd()
[fiction/app/controller/usercp.php:221] ModelUserCP->authorStoryChapterAdd()
[fiction/app/controller/usercp.php:103] ControllerUserCP->authorStoryEdit()
[fiction/app/controller/usercp.php:34] ControllerUserCP->author()

6) Admin Panel Can't Stories - Edit

Argument 2 passed to ViewAdminCP::storyMetaEdit() must be of the type array, boolean given, called in /home2/am32lu07/public_html/simplydanielradcliffe.com/fiction/app/controller/admincp_stories.php on line 110 [/home2/am32lu07/public_html/simplydanielradcliffe.com/fiction/app/view/admincp.php:229]

[fiction/app/controller/admincp_stories.php:110] ViewAdminCP->storyMetaEdit()
[fiction/app/controller/admincp_stories.php:19] ControllerAdminCP_Stories->edit()

This is pretty much all the errors I found. If I find any more will post them here cause I didn't see a page for it.

Topic starter Posted : 19/08/2018 9:21 pm
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Reputable Member

Since there are multiple bugs reported here, I'll liste the progress here and edit as I go:

1) Fixed, would always evaluate a value even if not present, now added a check

2) I could post a news entry including headline and text when testing. There was an issue with the date/time picker, I updated the java and made the sricpt remove multiple whitespaces leading to the user not being able to change the date.

3) Just noticed, a new story will list as 01.01.1970 (day 1 on unix systems), and it will not register updates.

4)

5) Hard coded table prefix, the most stupid of all mistakes    The userCP version of story edit is much more recent than the adminCP counterpart, so there's gonna be a major transfer to do (see #6)

6) Was an issue with stories that do not yet have a chapter, hencer no chapter list. Most my testing so far happend on existing data so that didn't happen. Now fixed. Parts of the codes and logic must be updated with the userCP counterpart.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2018 10:44 am
Nadia
(@nadia)
Reputable Member Registered

Marcy, what do you mean with 4) ? The tagcloud? I'm a bit confused.

A link to your test archive would be helpful too.

My Hub TrekNation | World of X | Capeside Diaries

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2018 2:42 pm
marcy
(@marcy)
Eminent Member

I updated it with the new fixes. Will see if there's anymore as for #4 I posted it on Github with captures. Here's my site.

http://simplymitchellkummen.com/fiction/

I still can't post a news post. Most of the other errors where fixed now just need stories to list when they've been updated.

Oh and I was wondering where is the option to delete a story like if you made an error or someone wants their story removed has it been implemented?

This is the error I get for the news post.

Call to a member function format() on boolean [/fiction/app/model/admincp.php:1072]

[fiction/app/controller/admincp_home.php:246] ModelAdminCP->saveNews()
[fiction/app/controller/admincp_home.php:23] ControllerAdminCP_Home->news()

No date posted in the admin table backend

__ID __Date __Headline __Author
1               New Version Admin
2               New Chapter      Admin

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/09/2018 8:13 am
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Reputable Member

Yeah, I fianlly got to the news error, it has something to do with the time settings.
The little tool that lets you pick date and time is horribly picky when it comes to date and time format, an extra space at any location and it goes nuts, so I implemented a little fix that broke more than it did good.
Busieness as usual, that is  😳

Edith says it's fixed now, had to introduce a date and time preset value, if more are needed I can add them, but this way I can be sure they strictly follow php date string format, while still allowing the user to make their own strings with fancy add-ins and not break parts of the script.

In your case that means you'll have to either re-install or edit the config sql table a bit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2018 8:56 pm
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Reputable Member

Oh and I was wondering where is the option to delete a story like if you made an error or someone wants their story removed has it been implemented?

There is a delete button in the admin panel, just need to make it do something - same goes for the user panel, except there's no non-functioning button 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2018 10:35 pm
marcy
(@marcy)
Eminent Member

Yeah, I fianlly got to the news error, it has something to do with the time settings.
The little tool that lets you pick date and time is horribly picky when it comes to date and time format, an extra space at any location and it goes nuts, so I implemented a little fix that broke more than it did good.
Busieness as usual, that is  😳

Edith says it's fixed now, had to introduce a date and time preset value, if more are needed I can add them, but this way I can be sure they strictly follow php date string format, while still allowing the user to make their own strings with fancy add-ins and not break parts of the script.

In your case that means you'll have to either re-install or edit the config sql table a bit.

I did a reinstall cause i didn't know what changes you made to the config sql table.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/09/2018 11:07 am
marcy
(@marcy)
Eminent Member

There is a delete button in the admin panel, just need to make it do something - same goes for the user panel, except there's no non-functioning button 

Oh I see okay I found where to delete. I got an error but it deleted anyway.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/09/2018 11:07 am
lucy
 lucy
(@lucy)
Trusted Member

Ok I'm joining in on this convo, i can't seem to get pass step five of the install. I used filezilla to put the files on the site, as the unpack function is broken on the web hosting site I use.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2018 8:46 am
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Reputable Member

Oh I see okay I found where to delete. I got an error but it deleted anyway.

Yeah that part is not very complete, sadly.
It should work in the userCP now and should make it to the adminCP soon-ish

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2018 4:57 pm
marcy
(@marcy)
Eminent Member

Ok I'm joining in on this convo, i can't seem to get pass step five of the install. I used filezilla to put the files on the site, as the unpack function is broken on the web hosting site I use.

Which one is step 5 ? Did you download the installer and the vaporware cause they work together?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/09/2018 3:52 pm
lucy
 lucy
(@lucy)
Trusted Member

Which one is step 5 ? Did you download the installer and the vaporware cause they work together?

I did use both vaporware and the installer, and I'm still having this issue.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2018 7:48 am
Share: