- Statistics
- Log out

How would I go about doing this?

Thank you.

Posted : 03/11/2009 9:05 am
Lyndsie
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

You can tweak the Member Account panel under Admin > Panels. You won't be able to break it up the way you want without editing the code, though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2009 9:10 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I found the Panel area and have figured out how to play with that; it was the code I was kind of worried about playing with, because it's unusual to me and I wasn't sure how to go about it. I guess I'm seeking pointers in how to go about editing it. I assume I've found the correct section of code user.php and the section of code below:

<div class="tblborder" id="useropts" style="padding: 5px; width: 50%; margin: 1em 25%;">";
$panelquery = dbquery("SELECT * FROM ".TABLEPREFIX."fanfiction_panels WHERE panel_hidden != '1' AND panel_level = '1' AND (panel_type = 'U' ".(!$submissionsoff || isADMIN ? " OR panel_type = 'S'" : "").($favorites ? " OR panel_type = 'F'" : "").") ORDER BY panel_type, panel_order, panel_title ASC");
if(!dbnumrows($panelquery)) $output .= _FATALERROR;
while($panel = dbassoc($panelquery)) {
if(!$panel['panel_url']) $output .=  "<a href=""user.php?action=".$panel['panel_name'"]."">".$panel['panel_title']."</a><br />n";
else $output .= "<a href=""".$panel['panel_url'"]."">".$panel['panel_title']."</a><br />n";
}
$output .= "</div>

But as I said, I'm unsure what here to edit, or how to even go about editing it...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2009 9:42 am
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

You'd have to re-write it completely.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2009 5:37 pm
Lyndsie
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

The panels are dynamic, so that they can be changed in the admin control panel of the site. I'm not sure the best why to go about doing what you're asking. Maybe you could make three new panels types (user management, user submissions, user profile), reassign the panel links to these categories (which I think you could do through the admin control panel), then rewrite the code to display them under the headings you want (the $panelquery - you'd need three).

I haven't looked into it, but you may also need to look at some of the files in the user folder.

Incidentally this is a mod(ification), so it's in the wrong board.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2009 8:10 pm
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Hrm. Looks like I'm going to be figuring out how to re-write this code then.

It was bound to happen; this is the simplest change I wish to make, so I guess I'll be working my way up.

... and feel free to have it moved, then? *shrugs* Mistakes are made.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2009 6:12 am
Share: