Notifications
Clear all

Members IP Ban

Kate
 Kate
(@kate)
Estimable Member

Hi

For efiction 5 have u thought of writing an ip ban module or section so admin can ban spam accounts and people who abuse the site all round.

regards Kate  😀

Topic starter Posted : 08/01/2018 9:19 am
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Reputable Member

eFiction, like this forum, uses the SFS (stop forum spam) service to flag people that register with known names, mails or IPs and put them on hold for the admin to decide their fate. This should stop way over 90% without further actions.

Compiling the IPs locally would also be possible, and might be added at a later point.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2018 5:25 am
Kate
 Kate
(@kate)
Estimable Member

Hi

thank you 🙂

regards Kate

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/01/2018 11:03 am
banshee
(@banshee)
Member Admin

eFiction, like this forum, uses the SFS (stop forum spam) service to flag people that register with known names, mails or IPs and put them on hold for the admin to decide their fate. This should stop way over 90% without further actions.

Hey Sheepie, is the SFS integration an eFic 5 inclusion? I can't see anything that shows it's included in 3.

I'm almost considering bridging it with a redundant forum install that DOES included an SFS integrated login just to cut down on the sheer number of spam account registrations..

eFiction Archives: Tom Paris Dorm | Twice Bitten | Underground

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2018 5:16 am
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Reputable Member

SFS is in eF5, I use it on this forum as well, and apart from having to delete bot registrations there is barely any spam.

I could set it to auto-discard on bad IP and email.

Got holiday in 3 weeks, _must_ get this out  😳

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2018 3:05 am
Share: