3 Users
0 Likes
(@katiedv)
Topic starter

URL to your eFiction: www.rlfic.net
Version of eFiction: 2.0.7
Have you bridged eFiction, if so with what?: No
Version of PHP: 4.x
Version of MySQL: 5.0, although it was 4.0 when I first installed it.
Have you searched for your problem: Yes, but I haven't found anything that actually resolved it in the thread.
If so, what terms did you try: MySQL error. Error: (1054) Unknown column 'member
State the nature of your problem: A fatal MySQL error was encountered.
Query:
Error: (1054) Unknown column 'member' in 'field list'
Do you have a test account for us? u: illusive p: test123

I have tried upgrading three times with the same results. The site is fairly popular and since I don't want it down, I've just restored my backup of files and database. I will run it again, but I'm hoping I can find an answer so I can try to immediately correct it if possible. The upgrade runs perfectly, by the way. From beginning to end. I chose to automatically do everything, since I wouldn't know how to do it manually.

I do want to point out that I know the featured author block is not compatible, and I did disable it before running the upgrade. In fact, I disabled most mods from the admin panel, and still got this error message.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. If you need me to just run the upgrade again and leave it with that error message, I'll do it again.

Thanks!

Posted : 18/03/2011 7:42 pm
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

It didn't give anything as the query? That's usually a really helpful part to figure out where the problem comes from.

Posted : 18/03/2011 9:08 pm
(@katiedv)
Topic starter

Yes. This is what it was:

A fatal MySQL error was encountered.
Query:
Error: (1054) Unknown column 'member' in 'field list'

Posted : 18/03/2011 9:28 pm
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

Doing a quick search of the upgrade script.  It seems like something may be wrong with your reviews table.  Use phpmyadmin.  Go to the reviews table then click on the structure tab.  Do you have a members field in that table or a uid field.

Posted : 21/03/2011 10:48 am
(@katiedv)
Topic starter

These are the mentioned fields under the reviews table.

reviewid
item
chapid
reviewer
uid
review
date
rating
respond
type

Posted : 22/03/2011 1:49 am
(@katiedv)
Topic starter

By the way, I just re-ran the upgrade. I re-downloaded, unzipped again, reloaded.

Database in the reviews table now reads:

reviewid
sid
chapid
reviewer
review
date
rating
respond
seriesid

I can access the index page, although a number of things are missing. When I click on admin, the menu shows up twice for some reason. I fixed this under admin --> panels.

I'm still getting a lot of weird errors throughout the site. I ran the archive maintenance to get the site statistics, but they're still not working properly. The only thing it's calculating is the member count.

For example, News don't come up in the opening page, but if I click on News in the admin panel, I see them and I can post a new news item. Welcome message is not showing up either, even though I found it in it's place in the admin panel. I know it isn't the site, because I'm using a temp skin that I have for another archive I have, which is running on 3.5.1.

Posted : 22/03/2011 4:18 am
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

Do you have the blocks initialized in Admin > Blocks?

Posted : 23/03/2011 9:58 pm
(@katiedv)
Topic starter

All blocks are active in the Admin > Blocks. When I go to News and click on options, I get this message:

A fatal MySQL error was encountered.
Query: SELECT nid, author, title, story, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(time) as date, comments FROM fanfiction_news ORDER BY time DESC LIMIT 1
Error: (1054) Unknown column 'comments' in 'field list'

Posted : 24/03/2011 2:41 pm
Share: