Forum

Notifications
Clear all

[3.5] "Array" text showing in series stories.

Page 4 / 5
Jaded
(@jaded)
Trusted Member

😮

Well, now we know what happens LOL. The first error is one I have gotten since day one. It doesn't seem to affect anything so I just turn off debug so I don't see it. The other two are new and terrifying, but I know I can just change that line of code back to what it was to make them go away.

Notice: Undefined index: rss in /home/***/public_html//includes/pagesetup.php on line 92

Notice: Undefined variable: seSeries in /home/***/public_html//modules/storyend/storyend.php on line 60

Notice: Undefined variable: seriesquery in /home/***/public_html//modules/storyend/storyend.php on line 61
A fatal MySQL error was encountered.
Query:
Error: (1065) Query was empty

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/01/2009 7:58 pm
Elle
 Elle
(@jenny)
Honorable Member

The variables seSeries and seriesquery (and the query itself) you commented out. It's fine, they're just notices.

archive: dramione.org
site: accio.nu

Available for skin/mod commission! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2009 8:14 pm
Jaded
(@jaded)
Trusted Member

Sorry, I thought I pasted everything that you might need to see. It's just that I've promised the authors I'd keep the site private.

There was nothing after "Query:" but a blank space and then the Error: (1065) line. I suppose I better put back that line of code I replaced since I've lost the whole page the series was on now.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/01/2009 8:22 pm
Lyndsie
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

strip_slashes() is just one error on its own, and shouldn't present the Array problem. (strip_slashes() does not exist; stripslashes() on the other hand does.)

Right, it just so happens that the area I've been scrutinizing is the same section as that came from since it's the only area in all the Story End module code that deals with series.  Not that that necessarily means it's the culprit.  *needs to learn more PHP*  I'm only okay at finding typos and stuff.  Anything beyond that and I'm lost. : /

In the format_story() function I added this:

if (is_array($text)) $text = implode($text);

What format_story()?  I'm not seeing that.  *is probably blind*

I wonder what the difference between the series are.  I could try to duplicate that on my test site.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2009 8:40 pm
Elle
 Elle
(@jenny)
Honorable Member

The thing in corefunctions.php which formats the stories? (I got format_story() from my head/no looking at the files to confirm. Ahaha. :P)

archive: dramione.org
site: accio.nu

Available for skin/mod commission! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2009 9:02 pm
Jaded
(@jaded)
Trusted Member

Should I try changing that too? And if so, where exactly do I put in in corefunctions.php? Do I search for format_story() ?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/01/2009 9:12 pm
Jaded
(@jaded)
Trusted Member

A copy of Jenny's storyend.php pasted over mine then uploaded seemed to fix the problem. Thank you so much, Jenny!!

Despite the edits, the cut and paste, the re-downloading/re-uploading and the overwrites, this was the only thing that was able to solve the issue. Unfortunately, I'm getting a nasty error with the Challenges module now, but that may be unrelated and I'll start a new thread for it if I can't work it out on my own. I've sent Jenny my original storyend.php file, so hopefully she'll be able to say where the problem was in case anyone else runs into the same thing.

Thank you for all of your help everyone! You have no idea how much I appreciate it.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/01/2009 9:55 pm
Jan_AQ
(@jan_aq)
Noble Member

Please check and see if this is an issue still with 3.5.1. Thank you.

Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2009 4:13 am
Lyndsie
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

It's a problem with the story end module, I think.  The only site I have it running at right now (where it's in the skin) doesn't have any series. Actually, the story end module doesn't seem to output anything at all with 3.5.1, but I was going to report that at Tammy's site since it is a module.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2009 5:29 am
Jan_AQ
(@jan_aq)
Noble Member

So then is the bug post here solved and can be completed?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/04/2009 8:22 am
Lyndsie
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

I can't confirm or deny that yet, but aren't module bugs meant to be posted at Tammy's site?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/04/2009 8:52 am
Jan_AQ
(@jan_aq)
Noble Member

Yes for End Module, no for Series. Series comes with the main download.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2009 9:13 am
hobert
(@hobert)
Trusted Member

So, after a little careful commenting out and such, I think I've found the "array" problem with the Story End Module.

This code in storyend.php (in the modules/storyend folder):

unset($story, $sub);

seems to wipe out the main story completely.  Then you follow with this:

if(!empty($o['sid'])) $story = dbassoc(dbquery(_STORYQUERY." AND sid = ".$o['sid']." LIMIT 1"));

the word "Array" pops in.  I think the variable $story used in these two lines (and the ones following) is overriding the main story.

I changed the variable to $story1 in the preceeding two lines, as well as the following lines:

if($story) $thisSeries .= " ".sprintf(_SE_SERIES_PREVST, title_link($story));
if($story) $thisSeries .= " ".sprintf(_SE_SERIES_NEXTST, title_link($story));

and the main story now shows up, but have not had any time to test much more than seeing that everything is there.

efiction - 3.5.3
MySql - 5.5.32
php - 5.5.22
Linex - Apache 2.2.17
Hosted by: Fatcow!
http://www.hobert.net/fic/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/08/2009 9:37 pm
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

I will be uploading Story End v 1.5 to my site later today to fix this issue.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2010 7:24 pm
hobert
(@hobert)
Trusted Member

You are still using the $story variable in 1.5 and it's still throwing up the word "Array" instead of the story text.

Changing all four lines from $story to $story1 fixes it.

efiction - 3.5.3
MySql - 5.5.32
php - 5.5.22
Linex - Apache 2.2.17
Hosted by: Fatcow!
http://www.hobert.net/fic/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2010 7:29 pm
Page 4 / 5
Share: