Forum

Notifications
Clear all

3.5.1 bug: Category lists populate incorrectly

itanshi
(@itanshi)
Reputable Member

I have the latest SVN. 'trading places' and 'operation repo' were unable to be relocated within 'reality tv'. I can however create a category via 'sub category' hence the + sign there.

The 'reality tv' cat does not do anything when I click on it.

They are not populating correctly, see video below

I am rebuilding efiction! Join us on irc! #efiction at www.mibbit.com Instructions for irc 😀 Alpha released!

Topic starter Posted : 07/05/2009 5:43 am
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

You've got other errors in your categories beyond that.  It looks from your image that Autobiography through Test are reporting as being 1 level lower than they should be.  Start with running "Fix Category Order" in admin maintenance then try again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2009 5:23 pm
itanshi
(@itanshi)
Reputable Member

Heh, sorry, forgot about that feature. No changes, I'm afraid. Looks like I can relocate them by hand correctly, so I'll do that for now.

Ok, reality opened for some odd reason, but the results are odd. and within reality they are both showing categories that are not within them. This is after 'correct categories' and relocating some correctly to

Thanks so much for the help.

I am rebuilding efiction! Join us on irc! #efiction at www.mibbit.com Instructions for irc 😀 Alpha released!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/05/2009 6:52 pm
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

You've got errors in your database somewhere for your categroies.  You're most likely going to have to check them by hand in phpmyadmin and figure out where the errors are.  Probably in the level, parent, or order for categories.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/05/2009 10:53 pm
itanshi
(@itanshi)
Reputable Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtDOIKcFLEE

I'm just not sure about that. I find the problem all over.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/05/2009 6:41 pm
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

I think I've got it figured out now.  Check the SVN on Monday evening.  I'm going to wait to upload fixes as a batch then.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/06/2009 7:00 am
Jan_AQ
(@jan_aq)
Noble Member

itanshi, please give us an update of this issue. Thank you. 🙂

Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/11/2009 1:14 am
Jan_AQ
(@jan_aq)
Noble Member

Someone please update as to whether or not this has been fixed (newest SVN files) by testing on their archive. Thank you!

Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2010 9:44 am
Share: