Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Installation Trouble

Lillith781
(@lillith781)

I'm having trouble uploading the October update to a freesite via freehostia and I was wondering if anyone has tips specific for that hosting site?

Topic starter Posted : 24/02/2016 11:51 pm
banshee
(@banshee)
Member Admin

Sorry the delay in replying, I've been away.
What kind of trouble are you having? FTP, MySQL? Are there any particular errors that are occurring?

eFiction Archives: Tom Paris Dorm | Twice Bitten | Underground

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2016 5:48 am
Lillith781
(@lillith781)

I'm new to this process, so it is just a general difficulty most likely. I have found, however, that freehostia won't allow me to upload the entire zip'd folder for the set up. I know there has to be a quicker way to do it than uploading everything by hand. And every time I try to upload an individual SQL to my database, I get an error report.

I pretty much gave up for a month because of these issues and am just now making headway on things, but the individual uploading is very frustrating when combined with the SQL issues.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/04/2016 10:16 am
banshee
(@banshee)
Member Admin

I don't know about uploading the ZIP file. Usually you need to unzip the file on your local computer and upload the directory via FTP (and not the ZIP file).

Are you able to give us a link to your website? Do you have an admin account set up for someone to test?

eFiction Archives: Tom Paris Dorm | Twice Bitten | Underground

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2016 1:47 am
Lillith781
(@lillith781)

I could try to link it, but the site would come up as DSN not found. Example: http://lilliths-garden.com . I've managed to get things uploaded, but it won't allow me to reach the actual site even in a purely administrative capacity.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/04/2016 1:09 am
muhkuh
(@muhkuh)
Eminent Member

The DNS (Domain Name Service) could not be resolved.
It looks like lilliths-garden.com is not registered.
Please doublecheck it and contact your Website Provider for further information on how to register it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/04/2016 9:29 pm
dd92771
(@dd92771)

I could try to link it, but the site would come up as DSN not found. Example: http://lilliths-garden.com . I've managed to get things uploaded, but it won't allow me to reach the actual site even in a purely administrative capacity.

The domain lilliths-garden.com is available for purchase so it looks like the transaction to secure the domain didn't take.  🙁 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2016 5:40 am
Share: