Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Won't update total in a category when stories added

wolfiejinn
(@wolfiejinn)

http://www.wolfiesden.org/eFiction353/index.php

Debug is turned on.  Started to finally upload my stories to my site but I've only done the historical category thus far.  It says there are only 3 when there are actually 5.  I thought at first I missed loading them with categories but when I readded, nope, it's just not tallying them correctly.  Very confused.  Can someone take a look?

Update five minutes later: On a whim I added a story to a different category all together and the story's not there at all.  Officially confused now.

Topic starter Posted : 16/05/2011 9:04 am
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

Did you approve these stories? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2011 8:12 pm
wolfiejinn
(@wolfiejinn)

Yep, I verified all of them.  As I be the admin and only author on the site I'm assuming that's what you mean by 'approve'?  The DC Comics one finally showed up after I added it four times...then the count finally said "4" so I deleted the extras and now the right number's up for that category.  I will go double check the verification, just in case though. 

Update:  Okay all stories, not chapters, are validated.  All are shown as completed.  Only one was not 'active' in the featured section so I activated it just in case but it didn't make any difference.  The email account attached to this admin account has received no email asking for approval either, so I'm not certain what you are referring to Tammy unless it's the validation.

Also, I just remembered something odd last night when I added the DC Comics test story.  None of the html buttons showed up (like changing paragraph style, formatting for italics, bolding, etc.)  I had to italicize manually (i.e. add the code into the story text).  I really REALLY don't want to make a skin from scratch again.  Took me several days to get this one and the only code I changed was for the graphics, none of the rest. 

It's getting screwier the more I work with it.  (sigh)

Thanks for the help.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/05/2011 10:58 pm
Lyndsie
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

Have you tried Admin > Archive Maintenance > Fix Category Counts?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2011 11:04 pm
wolfiejinn
(@wolfiejinn)

Finally came home and checked...fixed categories worked!  I totally forgot about all that stuff under there. (face palm)

Thankee ladies!  Any ideas on why the html stuff doesn't show up when you're uploading stories? You know, when you add story text or chapter notes and want to bold, italicize, etc?  It's just not there for some odd reason. It is on the other skins...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/05/2011 2:55 am
Share: