URL to your eFiction: www.leatherandlibraries.com/fanfiction
Version of eFiction: 3.5.3
Have you bridged eFiction?: no
Version of PHP: 5.2.17
Version of MySQL: 4.0.21
Have you searched for your problem:Yes
If so, what terms did you try: error in summary, rn in summary
Do you have a test account for us? Yes, name: mia password: test

I am doing prompt series on my site, but every time I do the summary "rn" shows up in the line breaks. I have tried to remove them manually but it just gets worse and I have tried editing it with and without the tinyMCE turned on.

The summary:

Draco and Hermione are somehow physically stuck/bound together and they must figure out how to get unstuck and learn how to work with one another.
rn

Must have the lines: "I can't go in there!" and "Get your hand off of that!"
rn

Rules:
rn

1. rnit can be either Multi chaptered or oneshot
  2. rnmust have at least 1,000 words total can have a MAX of 20,000
  3. rnCan be a threesome/moresome if the plot works with it.
  4. rnCan be almost any genre EXcept Smut without Plot
  5. rnHAS to be finished upon submission this includes multicahptered stories.
  6. rnDeadline August: 16th
      rn
Here is the actual page it is on,
http://leatherandlibraries.com/fanfiction/viewuser.php?action=seriesby&uid=3

this is really annoying me.

Posted : 15/07/2011 4:23 am
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

This is from /r /n, which are used to denote some formatting in the code (new lines, etc) and shouldn't be showing. Are you using TinyMCE?

Posted : 15/07/2011 9:46 pm
(@forgetful-love)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

The first time I wrote it out I was not using TinyMCE I was just putting in the code myself and it happened. So I switched to TinyMCE and re wrote everything and it happened again.

Posted : 15/07/2011 10:10 pm
(@hobert)
Trusted Member

All right, here is what I know.  If no one else takes this and runs, I'll get back to work on this, hopefully tomorrow.

This is also happening in my 3.5.3 efiction.

From what I can tell, this is happening because that particular field is not converting the returns to <br /> as the fields in the stories are doing.  The coding is storing the full /r/n in the MySQL database.  When the field is read for display, the seriesblock.php is stripping out the slashes, leaving the rn, as is intended.

The whole problem is the initial adding/update, that stores it as /r/n and not <br />.

For now, as an immediate temporary fix, you can re-edit your summary field to use <br /> instead of a hard return, which will display your text correctly.  This is far from a solution, just a work-around.  When I get some more time, I'll look into why that field is working more like the title field and not the rest.

efiction - 3.5.3
MySql - 5.5.32
php - 5.5.22
Linex - Apache 2.2.17
Hosted by: Fatcow!
http://www.hobert.net/fic/

Posted : 20/07/2011 4:43 pm
(@forgetful-love)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

the <br/> didn't work, its still doing the same thing....

Posted : 21/07/2011 2:24 am
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

Did you put it in as <br/ > or <br />? (spacing makes a difference you know)

Mucking around in eFiction since circa 2001 (ver. 1.0)
Now running v.3

Posted : 21/07/2011 1:09 pm
(@hobert)
Trusted Member

the <br/> didn't work, its still doing the same thing....

Use this:

Draco and Hermione are somehow physically stuck/bound together and they must figure out how to get unstuck and learn how to work with one another.<br /><br /><strong>Must have the lines: </strong>"I can't go in there!" and "Get your hand off of that!"<br /><br /><strong>Rules:</strong><br /><li>it can be either Multi chaptered or oneshot</li><br /><li>must have at least 1,000 words total can have a MAX of 20,000</li><br /><li>Can be a threesome/moresome if the plot works with it.</li><br /><li>Can be almost any genre EXCEPT Smut without Plot</li><br /><li>HAS to be finished upon submission this includes multicahptered stories.</li><br /><br /><li><strong>Deadline August: 16th</strong></li>

efiction - 3.5.3
MySql - 5.5.32
php - 5.5.22
Linex - Apache 2.2.17
Hosted by: Fatcow!
http://www.hobert.net/fic/

Posted : 21/07/2011 3:13 pm
(@forgetful-love)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

That worked thank you! I had no idea there had to be a space XD I am not that good with coding.

Posted : 21/07/2011 5:14 pm
Share: