Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Member profile panel that only appears when data is present

SJP
 SJP
(@sjp)
Trusted Member

I've had a number of requests for more detailed information when it comes to beta-readers. I'm hoping I can set up a beta profile setup based off the editbio.php page. The part that really has me stumped though, is once a member has set up a beta profile, how do I get the information to show up on their profile page? I know that I can make a new member profile panel to show up in the tabs, but I only want it to show up if they have specified that they want to be a beta and have set up their profile. Anyone have any thoughts or input? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Topic starter Posted : 24/06/2013 4:44 am
Elle
 Elle
(@jenny)
Honorable Member

Ooo. I have this set up on my archive.

Our beta readers have to be defined as such by us, so I have a field in fanfiction_authorprefs called 'betareaders'. For the actual profile view in viewuser.php I have this code:

/*************** BETA READERS ************/
if ($userinfo['betareader']==1) {
$panelquery = dbquery("SELECT * FROM ".TABLEPREFIX."fanfiction_panels WHERE panel_hidden != '1' AND panel_level = '0' AND (panel_type = 'P'".($favorites ? " OR panel_type = 'F'" : "").") ORDER BY panel_type DESC, panel_order ASC, panel_title ASC");
}
else {
$panelquery = dbquery("SELECT * FROM ".TABLEPREFIX."fanfiction_panels WHERE panel_name != 'betaprofile' AND panel_hidden != '1' AND panel_level = '0' AND (panel_type = 'P'".($favorites ? " OR panel_type = 'F'" : "").")  ORDER BY panel_type DESC, panel_order ASC, panel_title ASC");
}

Unfortunately, my viewuser.php is a bit of a mess so that's the only thing I can find that directly references the beta reader profile. 🙁

archive: dramione.org
site: accio.nu

Available for skin/mod commission! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/06/2013 6:45 pm
SJP
 SJP
(@sjp)
Trusted Member

Thanks for this, Elle! A work project popped up that kind of put this on the back burner for me, so I haven't tested it out yet, but I'm sure it will help when I return to this in a week or so.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/06/2013 6:24 am
Share: