Clear all

Hidden Skins still showing

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@nsaphrodite)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I only want one skin to show while I'm working on the others, however, when I visit the website one of CSSZEN skin that came with the efiction package keeps showing despite hiding all skins except for 'red'. http://phictionphillipsed.com/index.php?skin=red should be the default skin until I fixed the others. How can I ensure that when visitors visit the site, they'll see the 'red' skin? Please help.

Posted : 17/07/2012 2:50 pm
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

In Admin under settings
Site Information

For the url do you have it asphictionphillipsed.com (or do you have it as phictionphillipsed.com/index.php)?
If so remove the index.php part.

Below it where it says default skins does it say Red? If it doesn't use the pulldown and select Red.

Click submit.

Hopefully that will do the trick. It almost seems like you unselected all but one skin but maybe in the default skin it still thinks it's CSSZen.

Mucking around in eFiction since circa 2001 (ver. 1.0)
Now running v.3

Posted : 17/07/2012 5:35 pm
(@nsaphrodite)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

It worked! Thank you, Babaca. I also posted another question in the skinning thread but it's pretty dead there. I was wondering if you can please instruct me on how to change colors for the Library Skin. I did before with my first site, but for the life of me I can't seem to remember how I did it. I tried changing the hex codes in the index css as well as change colors of the images to no avail. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted : 18/07/2012 4:05 am
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

I must confess I've never tried to modify one of Jacynthe's skins. Looking at the css it looks like that would be where you would alter colors and the like. You might try sending her a private message here. I know she still pops up here. I tried clicking the castrocafe.com link but it pulls up a 404.

Now running v.3

Posted : 18/07/2012 1:07 pm
(@nsaphrodite)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hi, Babaca. I moved the site to Phictionphillipsed.com and I just realized that I was using Kali's Murder Skin and not Jacynthe's Library Skin. So do you know how change colors for Kali's Murder Skin? Thanks.

Posted : 20/07/2012 2:35 am
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

I played a little bit with the Kali Murder skin. I coudln't change all of the red, that would be something I would probably spend lots of time working on, but I changed most of the red to yellow here:

http://fics.babaca.org/index.php?skin=test

It was in the style.css

I used my favorite Firefox tool called Colorzilla. I used the eyedropper to find out what the red color was, did a find and replace in notetab (my other favorite program) and changed them to yellow.

As for you old question about why Features doesn't show up on your page, you need to add it to your variables.php file. Here is the variables of murder:

<?php
$blocks["categories"]["status"] = 2;
$blocks["featured"]["status"] =  '0';
$blocks["info"]["status"] = 2;
$blocks["menu"]["status"] = '1';
$blocks["menu"]["content"] = array (
  0 => 'home',
  1 => 'recent',
  2 => 'authors',
  3 => 'catslink',
  4 => 'titles',
  5 => 'series',
  6 => 'search',
  7 => 'tens',
  8 => 'challenges',
  9 => 'help',
  10 => 'contactus',
  11 => 'login',
  12 => 'logout',
  13 => 'adminarea');
$blocks["menu"]["style"] = 1;
$blocks["login"]["status"] = 1;
$blocks['login']['acctlink'] = 2;
unset($blocks["login"]["template"]);
$blocks["login"]["form"] = 1; // Long form with register and lost password options
$blocks["random"]["status"] = 2;
$blocks["recent"]["status"] = 2;
$blocks['recent']['tpl'] = 0;
$blocks["skinchange"]["status"] = '1';
$blocks["news"]["status"] = 2;
$displayprofile = 1;
?>

Change the part that says:

$blocks["featured"]["status"] =  '0';

to something like
$blocks["featured"]["status"] = ' 2';

Now running v.3

Posted : 23/07/2012 6:12 pm
Share: