Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Fixed or Set height for story summaries/blocks when browsing ...

fallenangel
(@fallenangel)

I tried the wiki and searching the forum.  Problem is I am not sure exactly how to phrase my search to find what I am looking for.  So I apologize if this answer is out there somewhere.

I want to be able to make the browse areas, have either a maximum height  or a set height so that all story summary blocks show up at a uniform height regardless of summary length or banner size.

I have a size limit set for images and banners (easy enough to find in the admin area)  And while I found an option for limiting the summary length by words.  I am not finding anything about the block as a whole.

I don't know if this is something I set within my skin, or the php or the blocks ... or where ... or if its even possible. 

If someone can point me to the right direction for what I am looking for I would greatly appreciate it!

Topic starter Posted : 24/07/2012 10:02 pm
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I think (and I might be wrong :S) that you need to look in the style.css file in your skins. The skins that I have are Kali's and she's really good at putting notes to say what each bit controls. There'll be a bit there that'll control how the box looks and if you set it to a particular height it should make them all uniform - although be careful not to set them too small or the text will get cut off. Also, you'll probably need to make the same change across all skins if you've got more than one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2012 3:40 pm
kali
 kali
(@kali)
Reputable Member

You're looking for class 'listbox'. Some skins have 'odd' and 'even' as well, but I don't know what css is set for those. Don't forget to set the overflow so you'll be able to scroll for the extra content.

Skins made by Kali are no longer supported!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2012 4:28 am
Share: