Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Adjusting the size of the CSSZen header [SOLVED]

sisterwicked
(@sisterwicked)
Trusted Member

Just a simple, quick question this time:
Does anyone know how to adjust the size of the CSSZen header? On some of my skins, it's very long and narrow, or the menu will go across the middle of it, and on others it all lines up perfectly and is much larger.

This is a problem because I frequently put images in the header itself, and the image will be cut off or have the menu going through it :-/

I've tried fiddling with the header.tpl and the style, but so far nothing helps.

Thanks!

b]URL to your eFiction: http://asshat.0fees.net/
Version of eFiction: 3.5.5
Have you bridged eFiction, if so with what?: no
Have you searched for your problem: yes (yes/no)
If so, what terms did you try: header size, header menu
State the nature of your problem: No errors, just the issue above Copy and paste any errors you are receiving.
Do you have a test account for us? yes. name/pass is tester

Topic starter Posted : 25/05/2016 7:05 am
sisterwicked
(@sisterwicked)
Trusted Member

Apparently this is more difficult a question than I thought. Jeez.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/05/2016 2:22 am
Nadia
(@nadia)
Member Admin

I'm getting a virus warning when I try to reach your site. Maybe you should fix that first.  :think:

My Hub TrekNation | World of X | Capeside Diaries

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2016 8:25 am
sisterwicked
(@sisterwicked)
Trusted Member

There is no virus on my site no matter what any of these programs say. Every file on it was uploaded by me from a secure computer.  Anyway, a site visit isn't really needed to answer this question. All I need to know is what area of the code to change. If the style.css is the only one, which parts. If there are others, what they are and what parts.
Thanks for the reply.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/05/2016 10:30 am
Nadia
(@nadia)
Member Admin

I don't know where to edit the size of the header, since I haven't created that skin. Did you check the header.tpl ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2016 9:05 am
sisterwicked
(@sisterwicked)
Trusted Member

Yep, sure did. I just can't seem to track down anyone who knows how to edit that skin :-/

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/06/2016 9:24 am
Nadia
(@nadia)
Member Admin

Yeah, that is just sad. I'm sorry that I too couldn't help. I don't even have that skin anymore. Never liked it to be honest ...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2016 1:46 pm
sisterwicked
(@sisterwicked)
Trusted Member

tbh, the only reason I like it is the fact that it's so simple to edit. This issue only showed up after the site migration, a year in. No idea what caused it or anything, since I haven't changed a single thing since then. Thanks anyway.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/06/2016 10:58 am
muhkuh
(@muhkuh)
Eminent Member

Actually I do not understand what you want to change.
Could you prepare me a little mockup so I could see the actual states?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/06/2016 9:18 pm
Sue
 Sue
(@sue)
Estimable Member

I use an edited version of Zen on my site.

I can't actually remember how it's setup but...but have you checked the style.css - specifically the banner and bannerback or even sitename (I just Firebugged and check both sites).

I seem to remember that Zen is highly CSS'd (hence the name after CSSZen Garden site).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2016 12:07 am
sisterwicked
(@sisterwicked)
Trusted Member

OMG SUE.
Sitename did it, I swear I could just Samara-slither through this screen and kiss you.
Thank you so very much 😀
Hopefully you guys won't see me around for a while, but knowing my aptitude for destruction during prettification...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/06/2016 12:47 pm
Sue
 Sue
(@sue)
Estimable Member

Yay! I'm so glad I could help.

Actually, I like the old CSSZen theme. It's so...CSS.

Oh, and just an FYI (or even just I), the reason people may get virus or unsafe site messages lately might be because the virus programs et al are being very touchy about stuff linked from outside the site's domain (e.g. Amazon S3 or photobucket). Just a thought - I've seen a bit of that over the last few weeks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2016 12:54 pm
sisterwicked
(@sisterwicked)
Trusted Member

I've had people telling me that on here for a while, it makes no logical sense other than the fact that I use a free host. Besides that, this is the only skin I bother to use or tweak, simply because of the so CSS-ness lol
Thanks again 🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/06/2016 2:29 pm
Share: