Clear all

We has update!

Page 1 / 2
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Member Admin

Cheers,

update was barely smooth, night got late, so in short words:

Since efiction.org is changing to a different administration, and will change server soon, it got an upgrade on top, transitioning to the latest version of SMF.
Layouts were lost, avatars also, and some other visual things need to be worked out also, but other than that, it seems to run just fine.

Have fun, register (if you were amongst those who couldn't due to some error).

Bye :voila:

Topic starter Posted : 07/05/2014 2:07 am
Nadia
(@nadia)
Member Admin

YAY, the first step is done. :thumbsup:

I think it was about 4pm when we started to backup and upgrade the board. Now it's just after midnight. *sigh* I'm going to bed now. But I'm satisfied with 'our' work. :hug3:

My Hub TrekNation | World of X | Capeside Diaries

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2014 2:18 am
banshee
(@banshee)
Member Admin

Great work, guys.
It's so refreshing to have a new look and updates!

eFiction Archives: Tom Paris Dorm | Twice Bitten | Underground

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2014 2:59 am
SJP
 SJP
(@sjp)
Trusted Member

The new forum looks great. Thanks for your hard work, Nadia and  Sheepcontrol.  :cool2:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2014 1:33 pm
Lyndsie
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

Heh, I'm a global moderator.

I have a couple of suggestions / questions. The old version had a link for "View unread posts since last visit." It was the most useful thing ever. Is that somewhere here and I'm not seeing it, or if not is there a way to enable it?

Also, when I came to make this reply, it took a long time for the smiley brigade to load. I'm going to see if there's a way to turn that off individually, cause it's a bit much for me personally.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2014 5:18 am
Nadia
(@nadia)
Member Admin

I have a couple of suggestions / questions. The old version had a link for "View unread posts since last visit." It was the most useful thing ever. Is that somewhere here and I'm not seeing it, or if not is there a way to enable it?

It's still there. I saw it. Somewhere. Uhm. But right now I can't find it either. Strange.  😐

AS for the smiley, there will be a popup to hide most of them. I'm already looking for a mod. I know it takes a lot of time to load. I'm used to Mybb and there I have a popup without mod. 😉 I'm on it. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2014 9:42 am
Nadia
(@nadia)
Member Admin

Well, the theme I liked most does not have the 'show latest topics' link etc.
That is why I'm going to change the standard theme to Losox instead of Meridian.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2014 10:01 am
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Member Admin

Heh, I'm a global moderator.

Also, when I came to make this reply, it took a long time for the smiley brigade to load. I'm going to see if there's a way to turn that off individually, cause it's a bit much for me personally.

"View unread posts ..." should be back on theme Meridian, was disabled by default.

Smilies ... working on it

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/05/2014 1:25 pm
Nadia
(@nadia)
Member Admin

Most smilies are now hidden within a pop-up. 😀

And we have a brand new website. Hope you guys like it. I'm still tweaking it a bit here and there. It's not perfect yet, but we are getting there.
A working demo of efictions latest release will be back up soon - hopefully.^^

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2014 4:01 pm
Lyndsie
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

Thanks, guys! Great work.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2014 10:47 pm
babaca
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

Shocked to find myself as a Global Moderator as well.  :laugh: Very cool. Nice skin. And you're running SMF 2.0.7.  :cool2: (Reminds me that a forum I run elsewhere should get the upgrade, but I've been a slug about it).  :ohboy:

Mucking around in eFiction since circa 2001 (ver. 1.0)
Now running v.3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2014 2:00 am
Nadia
(@nadia)
Member Admin

I thought, since you've been here like forever - you'd like to become part of the new team as well. You've done a lot for the comm and you are one of the few people who're still here. 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2014 8:58 am
babaca
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

Yes, is almost feels like forever.  :laugh: But thank you. I will do my best to help out as I've always have.

Mucking around in eFiction since circa 2001 (ver. 1.0)
Now running v.3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/05/2014 7:28 pm
karahleigh80
(@karahleigh80)

Praise the lord!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2014 8:22 pm
cleothemuse
(@cleothemuse)

update was barely smooth

When are they ever?