Forum

Working on my first...

Notifications
Clear all

Working on my first theme

cmm14513
(@cmm14513)

And I would like some reviews or suggestions. Here's what I have so far. http://preview.butterfly-dreams.info/fiction/  and i'm not even close to being done. I just started to learn php and css so I don't know all the codes yet. So what do you think? good so far? It gave me a lot of headache trying to figure this stuff out. lol!

Topic starter Posted : 23/04/2010 6:26 am
kali
 kali
(@kali)
Reputable Member

I like the colors and the background pattern.
The layout itself isn't positioned correctly in Firefox though and horizontal scrolls.

Skins made by Kali are no longer supported!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2010 4:58 pm
cmm14513
(@cmm14513)

Actually I fixed that, and I have it on a new link. http://tabby.butterfly-dreams.com/

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/04/2010 8:23 pm
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

I think you need more padding in your boxes. And your "Featured Stories" box isn't lining up with the others in that column in FF.  I don't know if that's deliberate or accidental though.  I'd probably take the "Browse by:" out of the unordered list. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/04/2010 2:04 pm
Carissa
(@carissa)
Member Moderator

I agree with Tammy about the padding. And you should increase the line-height. Browser default is 1.3 em (approximately), but it looks like you changed yours to be even less. I usually set mine at at least 1.5em. It makes your pages easier to read.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/04/2010 2:30 am
babaca
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

Congratulations on creating your first layout. But ask you know with websites everything is a "work in progress". My comment about it is mostly about the font. I know it's probably only a matter of preference, but putting everything in that italic type font is a bit hard on the eyes. The line spacing is really narrow and with the flourish-like font it just looks like one massive clunk. (I have trouble reading when folks don't put spaces between paragraphs, what can I say I have "old-ish" eyes).

Mucking around in eFiction since circa 2001 (ver. 1.0)
Now running v.3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/04/2010 11:53 am
cmm14513
(@cmm14513)

yeah I really to change the style of text but I don't know really know how.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/05/2010 7:54 am
Lyndsie
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

You've probably got a font-style: italic in there somewhere.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2010 5:58 pm
Share: