Forum

Unable to update au...

Notifications
Clear all

Unable to update author bio in 3.4.3 (recently upgraded from 2)

cleothemuse
(@cleothemuse)

URL to your eFiction: http://www.stargatefan.com/archives/
Version of eFiction: 3.4.3
Have you bridged eFiction, if so with what?: No
Version of PHP: 4.3.10
Version of MySQL: 3.2.56
Have you searched for your problem: yes
If so, what terms did you try: "author update", "edit bio", "update email", etc.
State the nature of your problem: A fatal MySQL error was encountered.
Query: UPDATE fanfiction_authors as author SET realname='', email='[hidden from spambots]', bio='', image='' WHERE uid = '3'
Error: (1064) You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'as author SET realname='', email='[hidden from spambots]', bio='', image='' WHERE' at line 1
Do you have a test account for us? http://www.stargatefan.com/test_archive/ <-- Clone of the "live" site using a duplicate of the database.  Log in using "testaccount" and "p@$$w0rd"

I finished upgrading the site from eFiction 2.0.6  last week, and while everything else seems to be working swimmingly, a member reported an error when she tried to update her email address.  I was able to duplicate the error with my own account, too, (albeit with a real email address and not the bogus entry posted above), but despite re-uploading nearly all files from a freshly unzipped download, the error persists.  The only files to which I've made changes are the includes/userselect.js (to update placement of the floating coauthors field) and the languages/en.php (to update the charset to utf-8).

I manage two other eFiction archives, both of which are also version 3.4.3 (upgraded from 3.3.1), but I cannot replicate the error on those sites.  MySQL and PHP are newer versions on those sites, however, which makes me think a server- or service-based setting is the culprit here.

Topic starter Posted : 14/10/2008 7:11 am
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

I don't think that's your version of mySQL.  I think that's your version of phpmyadmin.  I can't see anything wrong with that sql statement.  I put the statement in phpmyadmin and it ran okay.  Do you have a table prefix? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/10/2008 7:30 am
cleothemuse
(@cleothemuse)

I didn't either, which is why I was perfectly baffled by the error!

There is a prefix in use for the test site, but not on production (they share the same mySQL database, but are otherwise completely separate).  I've encountered other minor problems with this site's phpMyAdmin before (I had to manually insert the settings table during the upgrade), so I'll check into that and let you know. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/10/2008 7:53 am
Share: