Version of eFiction: 3.5.3
Have you bridged eFiction, if so with what?: No
Version of PHP: 3.5.5
Version of MySQL: 5.1.73 I think?
Have you searched for your problem: yes, exhaustively
If so, what terms did you try:
State the nature of your problem:
Do you have a test account for us? No

I've been attempting to install since last night and have run across this problem I just can't fix no matter what I try. I get to step 3, installing the database tables, and get the option to automatically or manually install them. Clicking automatically yields me this:

Query: CREATE TABLE `fanfiction_authorfields` ( `field_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `field_type` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `field_name` varchar(30) NOT NULL default ' ', `field_title` varchar(255) NOT NULL default ' ', `field_options` text, `field_code_in` text, `field_code_out` text, `field_on` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`field_id`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM;
Error: ()

Clicking manually takes me to a page that tells me to install the database tables and when I click Continue, it takes me right back to the page with the automatic or manual options. I've attempted the fix from this topic: http://forums.efiction.org/index.php?topic=8558.0 but it doesn't work, I get the same issue.

I've even gone to my host's live chat for support with the issue, and the rep tried to go in and figure out what was going wrong but he couldn't figure anything out. I see that an administrator says this has been fixed in 3.5.4 but I don't see any newer version than 3.5.3 that is out yet.

Can anyone attempt to help me so I can get past this?

Posted : 28/08/2014 5:34 am
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Member Admin

Yes, that was me, I thought I had included the changes in the download package.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/km6wyg5ufzokkt8/install.zip?dl=0

Try unpacking this, replacing the current /install folder, this should include some late changes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2014 8:40 pm
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Thank you so much! That helped the install move forward.

Now I have one more problem. When I finish the last step and click to go to my site and log in, I'm taken to update.php and no matter where I go it loops me back around to update.php. The page says "This update has already been completed. No further action is needed." It won't let me into my admin area to do anything further, this is as far as I get. I deleted the install folder like I was instructed, and even tried deleting the update.php file, which of course doesn't do anything except give me a 403 page. Can anybody tell me how to get around this one?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2014 1:47 am
babaca
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

I'm just curious, are you installing into another folder? You listed your page as:

http://www.nsyncwritersclub.com/fiction

That points you to go to the Parent Directory. If I go to

http://www.nsyncwritersclub.com

It takes me to the maintenance page and seems to be a fresh install of Efiction with the default skins.

Mucking around in eFiction since circa 2001 (ver. 1.0)
Now running v.3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2014 12:00 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Yes, sorry about that. When I originally posted I was installing everything on /fiction, but I decided I'd much rather have everything on the main - where you're seeing the maintenance page.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2014 2:17 am
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Member Admin

Yes, sorry about that. When I originally posted I was installing everything on /fiction, but I decided I'd much rather have everything on the main - where you're seeing the maintenance page.

So is that intentional maintenance now or are you stuck there?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2014 7:40 pm
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I'm stuck there. To everyone else it shows the maintenance page but to me as an admin, it shows the page that says "This update has already been completed. No further action is needed." When I try to click on my admin area to log in, it doesn't go to the admin page, it loops me back to the update.php page.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2014 10:55 pm
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Member Admin

Ouch, that's a new one to me, then again I'm not really into the current version.

Could you dump all tables (it's a clean install you were doing, right?) and install again? I would guess that one part thinks it's done while some little thing is missing, hence redirecting you back, causing some sort of a loop. So re-running it with the updated install folder might work.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2014 2:07 am
MistressMalfoy
(@mistressmalfoy)
Eminent Member

Im having the same problem, even after downloading the other install folder it still won't install. Ive post a request in the help but no one has been around for 24 hours

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2014 9:34 am
banshee
(@banshee)
Member Admin

Hi creativechaos - how did you go with deleting your old tables and re-installing?

MistressMalfoy - it looks like yours is up an running. If you're having the same error that creativechaos was having, do you mind sharing what you did to fix it? Thanks!

eFiction Archives: Tom Paris Dorm | Twice Bitten | Underground

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2014 11:35 am
bsky92
(@bsky92)

Hi

I'm moving my all site on a new server, and so I'm trying to reinstall eFiction.
I uploaded the latest version I found on the site, and the new install folder you mention ...

But I'm having the same problem, even with the new content of the install folder, I stay stuck on the table settings, when I click on manually it brings me back to asking if I want to install them automatically or manually

Thanks for the help

Brigitte

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/12/2014 9:09 am
banshee
(@banshee)
Member Admin

Hi bsky92,

Did you download the install folder that sheepcontrol mentioned in this post, above?

eFiction Archives: Tom Paris Dorm | Twice Bitten | Underground

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/01/2015 2:16 am
bsky92
(@bsky92)

yes I did ...

I'll try to make a new try from fresh today, maybe I messed up the files 🙁

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/01/2015 9:41 am
bsky92
(@bsky92)

S o I tried again, dl the folder mentionnend above - again - and run the install again, and nothing more happens ....

What does the fixed install.php file modifies ? I checked about the "ENGINE" modification mentionned in some of the post, and the install.php file I'm trying to run seems to be the last version, as it refers to the ENGINE command.

But then nothing is installing ....
Too bad

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/01/2015 9:51 am
muhkuh
(@muhkuh)
Eminent Member

I did setup eFiction (from the scratch, without ever having used it before) just a few days ago myself and encountered several problems too.
At first it was the Engine that was running wrong.

In the end I had to mingle quite lot with the updates as it looked like I totaly crapped my installation just a moment later  :ohboy:
Hope there will be a VCS soon so we can also commit patches quite easily and have a look at all changes between the several 'versions'.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/01/2015 2:25 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: