Forum

Review count listed...

Notifications
Clear all

Review count listed next to user name

Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I saw it on another fan fiction library similar to efiction where they were able to also indicate next to a user name their review count along with their submitted story count on the Members listing page.  Is there a way I can add the review count of each user to the Members listing page?  It would make it so much easier than having to check each user's profile individually to see how many reviews, if any, they have done.  Thanks.

Posted : 15/10/2010 10:21 pm
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

Again as in your previous question, you'd have to modify the script.  In this case though, you could probably do it with a panel.  You would still need to write the code to do it though.

And these sorts of questions need to go in the MODs forum because you're asking to MODify your site.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2010 9:25 pm
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Again, thanks for responding. But a non answer isn't really helpful.  The same way where each person's number of stories is listed next to their name in the Members list, I would like the bracket to also include the number of reviews they have left in the library.  For example:

KEM [4,6] 

The 4 = stories I have posted
The 6 = the number of reviews I have left

Can someone actually answer my question and maybe provide code to do this for me? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2010 2:26 am
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

It's not a non-answer.  It's a helpful suggestion for where YOU can start modifying YOUR site.  I am not your personal coding slave!  The file you'll need to change is members.php.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2010 9:01 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

If I don't know coding well, I can't confidently make these changes.  That is why I came to the support forum looking for support.  If we are not supposed to come here for support, let us know now.  I was not calling you my coding slave.  I take offense to your being rude when all I am asking for is help with your product.  Pointing me to panels and saying do it there isn't answer, when I don't know what needs to be done.  But nevermind.  I apologize for thinking that a support forum was supposed to be where I could ask for support. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2010 9:23 am
babaca
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

I know I shouldn't jump in this. But you are misinterpreting what support is meant for in this forum. This forum is for people who want help when they are stuck or they have problems with efiction running. The mods forum is for when they want (and they sometimes don't get if it means reinventing the wheel) tweaks that they may want to make their site unique.

This is not a commercial product. This is not fanfiction.net's script. It's a script for folks who want to create a fiction archive on their website. The developers that are here do mods if it's something that interest them, or per request. But sometimes you have to try or at least ask if something is possible before requesting support which isn't support but request for modification. Folks who volunteer to answer questions are not paid tech support for this script. They are folks who may have run across a similar problem or might know where to point you in a right direction.

I'm sorry if you think we are vilifying you. It's just none of your questions were simple fixes or easy coding. Have you just tried using the script as itself for a while? The more you use it the more you learn about it. 

Mucking around in eFiction since circa 2001 (ver. 1.0)
Now running v.3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2010 5:48 pm
Jan_AQ
(@jan_aq)
Noble Member

KEN, if you have attempted it and it doesn't work then posting what you tried could be helpful. Someone might look at it and give suggestions.

Also if no one is interested in trying to attempt a certain modification idea, you can always pay a coder to do it for you. Try something like http://www.codingforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47 or http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/php-freelancing

If you figure it out PLEASE post it here. I am sure that other users here would be very interested in it. I'm sure I would like to look at it as I'm not a coder, I just sort of fiddle around blindly.

Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2010 7:00 am
Share: