Clear all

Request for more basic add story mod

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@methen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

What I want is something that will allow me to enabale and dissable all things in the add a story section
example rating, summary I do not need all that stuff on there I want to make it more basic.

Somebody is asking for a Hinne Whooping!

Posted : 29/10/2009 5:29 pm
(@becca)
Honorable Member

If you are looking for something more basic then maybe you need to look for a different script. Stripping eFiction of functionality seems a bit time consuming since you could just get something simpler and then build on it.

Try one of these 'lite' scripts:
http://php.opensourcecms.com/scripts/show.php?catid=9&cat=Lite

Maybe you just want a script to post pages, or articles that you can rename as stories? Try looking at the demos and seeing if you like anything else. I doubt you'll have any luck with stripping eFiction yourself, or getting someone to do so.

Posted : 30/10/2009 12:36 am
(@methen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Well I really do not want to strip it I would just like to have a little more control
over what features  I can and cannot enabale  and dissable thats all

I checked out a lot of other scripts so far efiction is the best one I found

Posted : 30/10/2009 6:17 pm
 Elle
(@jenny)
Honorable Member

You have control over classifications. What do you want to "disable"?

archive: dramione.org
site: accio.nu

Available for skin/mod commission! πŸ™‚

Posted : 30/10/2009 6:41 pm
(@methen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

What I mainly want is to dissabale the ratings, summery, and footnotes in the add the story section from what Tammy told me the rating can not be dissabaled, Iam uncertain as to rather the others thing liste3d can be or not , I looked and did not see anything that could.

Posted : 30/10/2009 8:42 pm
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

You'd have to edit the code to do that. I think the easiest to do would be to remove/comment out the box for story end notes from the story form. You could theoretically do that with the summary as well, but summaries are a required field, so there would be more to it than that. Getting rid of ratings would be fairly difficult.

Posted : 30/10/2009 9:00 pm
(@becca)
Honorable Member

Disabling is basically the same as stripping it of functionality, as we're been saying, it's built-in.

Posted : 31/10/2009 5:28 pm
 Elle
(@jenny)
Honorable Member

Just a point to make: it's only (if I remember right) the summary/rating/story that is required anyway. The other boxes (notes) are just for additional information. You don't really need them there, but it's just... extra, just in case they're needed. They're not essential but they're helpful. :-/ I think it might be better to just leave them there instead of messing around with the code; removing it might remove more things than intended...

archive: dramione.org
site: accio.nu

Available for skin/mod commission! πŸ™‚

Posted : 31/10/2009 5:48 pm
Share: