Clear all

Request asstiance (please)

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@methen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hello I just installed your efiction script I must say I was blown away as to how advance it was
I do how ever have a few newbe questions

1.How do I enabale the register screen so people can register

2. Can this be intergrated with forums like phpbb if not are there any plans to ?

3.Is there like a basic setting a lot of those extra features will most likely never be used?

4.Is creating your own templates very hard to do ?

Somebody is asking for a Hinne Whooping!

Posted : 13/10/2008 2:17 am
(@fanfictionworld)
Estimable Member

Hello I just installed your efiction script I must say I was blown away as to how advance it was
I do how ever have a few newbe questions

1.How do I enabale the register screen so people can register

2. Can this be intergrated with forums like phpbb if not are there any plans to ?

3.Is there like a basic setting a lot of those extra features will most likely never be used?

4.Is creating your own templates very hard to do ?

1 go into the admin area-->Settings-->Submissions-->Submission Settings and make sure that Turn off unsolicited submissions reads:No

2 I do believe that there was a mod created for intregation with phbb though on hand I cant remember whether this was a stable mod or which version of Efiction it was for but there are mods to intergrate efiction with other forums and other software

3 this is down to you really you have to add at least one Category and one Rating to the system before users will be allowed to submit any submissions

4 read the docs files for a start to how to create skin templates  it may sound a little hard at first but you wont know if you can make a skin unless you give it a go and im sure theres some people on the forum that will lend a hand if you need guidence via these forums alternativly  if you dont fancy having a stab at making your own skin then there are a load of skins  that some of us users have created for use that are availbe in the skinning forum that you can download

also you may want to tell us the link to your site and a test account if you do need any help as in order to help its helpful to be able to look at the page where the issue is

anyway hope thats helpful to start with, im sure others may have stuff to add to what I have said!

~Spikey~

my site url: http://www.fanfictionworld.org
efic version:3.5.3

Posted : 13/10/2008 8:55 am
(@methen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thank you, I checked and number 1 was set to now however I still have a

Site Maintenance
This site is currently undergoing maintenance. Please check back soon. Thank you that prevents registering

(((edited for privacy))) 

also in the install instructions ther was a issue about moving the config out of one folder and into a the main root folder but threre is already a config file there.

Posted : 13/10/2008 3:10 pm
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

To turn off the maintenance page, log in as admin, Go to Settings->Site Settings and where it Maintenance, change the Yes to No and you will have a screen that will allow people to register and the like.

Mucking around in eFiction since circa 2001 (ver. 1.0)
Now running v.3

Posted : 13/10/2008 4:51 pm
(@methen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thank you that got it.

Posted : 13/10/2008 5:15 pm
(@methen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hello I have a few more questions

How do I dissable the site news and most recent ? I went in blocks and set site news to inactive  but that did not work

also On the register screen is there a way to take out some of that stuff like the text? box all I really want is a simple register screen.

Posted : 13/10/2008 7:28 pm
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

I have merged your 2 topics together.  Please read the manual.  Please check out the admin area of your site.  You can answer a lot of your own questions by doing this.  Also search the forums, your questions have been asked and answered before.

If you've disabled the blocks in the admin settings, you may also need to disable them in your skin's variables.php file.  You will also need to edit the skin to remove those sections.

Disable the profile fields in your admin settings. 

Finally, when you post to the forums, please use a more descriptive subject. 

Posted : 14/10/2008 1:05 am
Share: