Forum

Mod request: author...

Notifications
Clear all

Mod request: authors cannot delete their stories.

trapne
(@trapne)

URL to your eFiction: http://fiction.tokiohotel-db.com
Version of eFiction: 3.5.1
Have you bridged eFiction, if so with what?: No
Version of PHP:  PHP Version 5.2.17
Version of MySQL: Sorry, don't remember.
Have you searched for your problem: Yes, but when I found the topic, I made a mess with my coding.
If so, what terms did you try: "authors can't delete their stories" "authors delete their stories" "deleting stories"
State the nature of your problem: Well, we have such a great "beta readers" service, on our fiction archive; there are these great authors/betas who propose a correction for the worst fictions. Those authors who don't accept this suggestion, are deleting their stories! Beta readers really spend a lot of time spreading their writing experience, so I don't want authors to be able to delete their stories. I saw a few topics about this before, but I need to be guided step by step: the last time I searched on the forum and tried to edit the pages, I made a mess, and it didn't work! 
Do you have a test account for us? Yes, upon request!

Topic starter Posted : 01/09/2011 11:06 am
Elle
 Elle
(@jenny)
Honorable Member

Which solutions (threads) have you tried?

archive: dramione.org
site: accio.nu

Available for skin/mod commission! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2011 6:48 pm
trapne
(@trapne)

I tried with this and another thread that I can't find anymore  😮

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/09/2011 9:56 pm
trapne
(@trapne)

... nodoby?  😳

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/09/2011 11:00 am
Elle
 Elle
(@jenny)
Honorable Member

Could you paste me your delete() function in stories.php?

archive: dramione.org
site: accio.nu

Available for skin/mod commission! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2011 7:51 pm
Lyndsie
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

Looks like Elle is stepping up, but otherwise I think you'll have trouble getting people to help you with this. I'm not even sure I should mention anything (which probably means that I shouldn't), but this decision may cost you a lot of trouble. Most people believe that authors should have complete control over their works, and a lot of people would get upset by not being able to delete their stories. I've heard of at least one archive that went up in arms about it in the past, and if memory serves a lot of authors left, if the archive didn't shut down completely.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2011 10:47 pm
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

That thread should have worked. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2011 1:23 am
Methen
(@methen)
Trusted Member

I also would like to see this feature added  I would also add the author cannot edit without admin permission

Somebody is asking for a Hinne Whooping!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/12/2011 9:06 am
Share: