Clear all

Mod Request: Age Restrictions/Verifications

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@izdoodle)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I searched for this and didn't see it suggested, although, I've found a few topics that ask for it or about it elsewhere.

I run an 18+ only site and would love to have something in place to at least try to filter the underage youngin's out. I know this isn't something all sites do, so a mod of some sort would be awesome for this.

Suggestions are open really, but I'd love to see it required for users to enter their date of birth in the profile when registering, but not have it show up on their profile except for to Admins only. If the wrong birth date is entered, then it rejects registration. I know, I know, age can be lied about, I get that, but I'd like to at least give the little one's an idea that we are at lease checking instead of them just being able to register without at least adding their birthday.

I've been able to catch a few here and there and delete their accounts, but It'd be a lot easier to cut them off at the pass. It will stop some of them from registering. I know not all though.

Like I said, I'm open for suggestions for this. I'd just like something that would help me or at least show some effort on my part.

Thanks for any helps you might give.

http://www.twiwrite.net
Where Your Imagination Can Run Free
18+ TwiWrite Fan Fiction Archives.
efiction vs.3.5.2
SQL vs. 5.0.77
PHP vs. 5.2.2
Happily soaking up any and all php, tpl, and html knowledge I can.

Posted : 07/11/2010 9:41 pm
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

It's something we're working on for v4, but there getting it to work in the current version will require you to rip out and replace large sections of the script.  Your best bet at the moment is to set all your ratings to have an age restricted warning.

Posted : 08/11/2010 12:51 am
(@izdoodle)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Oh that is awesome news. I have all my age restrictions turned on and require the age verification in the profile section too, so that's covered. I'm very happy to see this will be covered in V4. It'll probably be a while before that comes out though won't it? It's fine though. I'm dealing with this the best I can for now and it'll work just fine until you have the next version out.

Thanks Tammy for answering my question. I'm excited to hear about this being in the works.

http://www.twiwrite.net
Where Your Imagination Can Run Free
18+ TwiWrite Fan Fiction Archives.
efiction vs.3.5.2
SQL vs. 5.0.77
PHP vs. 5.2.2
Happily soaking up any and all php, tpl, and html knowledge I can.

Posted : 08/11/2010 12:55 am
Share: