Notifications
Clear all

Installing 5 Configuration File Setup Configuration file written Black screen

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@guest6435)
New Member Guest

I have tried to install efiction 5 - I put in db, username, password, etc then get  Configuration File Setup      Configuration file written    and click on continue. This takes me to a black screen Black screen. I can see the Source code for this screen.
If I then go to the domain in anoth tab  -  http://www.storywriters.co.uk  -  I see
_FATALERRORQuery: SELECT * FROM fanfiction_settings WHERE sitekey = 'Wyyhz6bNZ4'
Error: (1146) Table 'storiesdb.fanfiction_settings' doesn't exist
When I look at my database the Tables have not been written
Any sugestions what I am doing wrong - or not doing right - I have tried a number of times and think I followed all of the steps carefully

Look forward to being told how silly I am being,
Steve

Posted : 21/08/2009 1:16 pm
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

You didn't finish the install.  What does the "source code" on the black screen say? It's an error message telling you what's wrong.  Most likely, your configuration file didn't really get written or you had the wrong information in it.

Posted : 21/08/2009 1:28 pm
(@carissa)
Member Moderator

eFiction 5?

Posted : 23/08/2009 3:19 am
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

I'm assuming he meant efiction 3.5

Posted : 23/08/2009 11:25 pm
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

Looks like you've installed 2.0... Are you going to try to upgrade again from this one? I think if all the config information when you get the part where it says settings prefix type something in there. In the past I left it blank and got the black screen of doom but when I plugged something in there I got past the black screen.

Mucking around in eFiction since circa 2001 (ver. 1.0)
Now running v.3

Posted : 24/08/2009 3:19 am
(@becca)
Honorable Member

I think this can be marked as solved. I checked their site and eFic seems to be up and running:
http://www.storywriters.co.uk/efict/index.php

Posted : 25/08/2009 3:57 am
Share: