Fatal MYSQL error o...

Notifications
Clear all

Fatal MYSQL error on step 3 of installation

laurena
(@laurena)

URL to your eFiction:here
Version of eFiction: 3.5.3
Have you bridged eFiction, if so with what?: Not sure what this means, so I doubt it.
Version of PHP: 5.2.2
Version of MySQL: 5.0.45
Have you searched for your problem: yes I found something similar in http://efiction.org/forums/index.php?topic=7605.0" ;">this thread, but I did not have the same 'Error 1050' at the end, and as I hadn't already installed the tables, I'm not sure if it's the same issue.
If so, what terms did you try: fatal MYSQL error
State the nature of your problem:  

A fatal MySQL error was encountered.
Query: CREATE TABLE `fanfiction_authorfields` ( `field_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `field_type` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `field_name` varchar(30) NOT NULL default ' ', `field_title` varchar(255) NOT NULL default ' ', `field_options` text, `field_code_in` text, `field_code_out` text, `field_on` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`field_id`) ) TYPE=MyISAM;
Error: ()

I'm getting this fatal MYSQL error message on step 3 when trying to install the tables. I escaped from it by going to my main page, but that leaves me with nothing but the main skin, empty, and a broken XML link in the upper corner. I deleted all of the files from the file manager and reloaded them using my FTP. Now the database I'm using has a number of files on it, but it's giving me the same error on the install. Whenever I click to install them manually, it tells me to install them, but I cannot get past that point.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Topic starter Posted : 01/11/2010 6:44 pm
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

You need to use phpmyadmin on your site's control panel to check your database.  It seems like you may have tables installed in the database.  Even though it's showing an error, it's not giving you any error information so this may be an issue with your host's mysql server.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2010 8:46 pm
SaharraShadow
(@saharrashadow)

I received this same error and I haven't been able to get past it either, Laurena.

What is the site control panel? And there's a admin.php file, but what is phpmyadmin, Tammy? Thank you for your time!

Shadow

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2010 7:48 am
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

Your web host will have a control panel you can log into.  Phpmyadmin is a program available in that control panel that will let you directly interact with your database.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2010 3:54 pm
Share: