Clear all

adding an efiction block to my joomla install

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@spookymulder)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

can this be done? Like an html or java script to display the recent stories block on my joomla site's homepage?

Severus Snape: "I've never had any interest in being fair. Only in being honest."
~The Girl in the Tower By: SpookyMulder

www.spookamania.com

Posted : 13/11/2009 3:55 am
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

This is really a better question for the joomla crowd, since you're trying to add something to a joomla install and not an eFiction one. What I'd suggest is looking into displaying an RSS feed in your joomla. With as popular as it is someone had to have written that, and then you can use the RSS feed that comes with efiction. It would be yoursite.com/rss.php.

I know I've seen people display eFic's most recent in CMSes before, I just don't know which they're using. I bet they probably leveraged the RSS feed, though.

Posted : 13/11/2009 5:46 am
(@guest1696)
New Member Guest

This is available for those who use the JFiction bridge. The package contains several Joomla modules (including Most Recent, Most Read, etc.), as well as plugins for Joomla Community Builder.

This current version of JFiction only works off of one database, and uses $settingsprefix only. This will be changed in JFiction 1.3.

If you don't use the  bridge, you could use RSS within Joomla.

Posted : 13/11/2009 12:38 pm
(@spookymulder)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

that is so simple i kind of want to slap my forehead lol. Seems obvious so tyvm for reminding me of the rss

Severus Snape: "I've never had any interest in being fair. Only in being honest."
~The Girl in the Tower By: SpookyMulder

www.spookamania.com

Posted : 13/11/2009 9:31 pm
Share: