Forum

Ad Astra; default s...

Notifications
Clear all

Ad Astra; default story sort; a third option

Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

On Ad Astra would it be possible to add an option so that the default story sort can list an author's stories in any type of combination? What I'm asking is a only minor addition to this site (or a minor customization).

On Ad Astra the default story sort has two settings: most recent and alphabetically.

I'm looking for an option that would allow me to list my stories in any order possible. Say the option is called random, and when I click on it, a box comes up showing the list of all my stories. To the left are place holders, little boxes where I could input numbers (for the order, the numbers range from 1 to n say). After inputting the numbers the stories are then arranged in the following order; where 1 becomes the story at the top, and n becomes the story at the bottom.

Is it possible to do this, by customizing one part of Ad Astra?

Posted : 04/06/2011 4:31 am
Lyndsie
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

I don't know what Ad Astra is, but what you describe sounds like standard eFiction behavior. The short answer is that yes, it's possible, but it would require modifications to the core files. This post belongs in the Mod Discussion and Development board. (An admin/mod will probably move it for you.) If you don't have the skills necessary to mod the code, maybe someone seeing it there would pick up the project.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/06/2011 6:56 am
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

Check out the series functionality. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2011 5:52 am
Piper
(@piper)
Trusted Member

Ad Astra seems to be an efiction based fanfiction archive = http://www.adastrafanfic.com/

StoryPortal Fiction Network - StoryPortal.Net
TG Fiction dot NET | T* Fiction Archive - TGFiction.Net
LG Tales | TG Style Fiction for LG's - LGTales.Com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/06/2011 9:05 am
Share: