Forum

A Fatal MySQL error...

Notifications
Clear all

A Fatal MySQL error?

Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I've been monkeying with the install for a few days now but today I received this error just as I thought I had finally gotten a breakthrough. What to do, anyone?

A fatal MySQL error was encountered.
Query: CREATE TABLE `fanfiction_authorfields` ( `field_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `field_type` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `field_name` varchar(30) NOT NULL default ' ', `field_title` varchar(255) NOT NULL default ' ', `field_options` text, `field_code_in` text, `field_code_out` text, `field_on` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`field_id`) ) TYPE=MyISAM;
Error: (1050) Table 'fanfiction_authorfields' already exists

Posted : 04/05/2010 6:37 am
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

You already completed that step in the install.  You're trying to install that table twice.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2010 7:28 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

That's what I thought but how would I get pass this page? It doesn't give me any options. (Thanks for the prompt reply btw)

--ooh, nevermind, I see! THANKS!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2010 7:29 am
wolfiejinn
(@wolfiejinn)

How'd you get passed it?  I'm having the same issues.....installing 3.5.3 on another domain & install ran spiffy until I installed the tables, then it blew out with this error.  I've tried backtracking, everything.  Checked my CHMODs, the whole schmear. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled twice....to no avail.

A fatal MySQL error was encountered.
Query: CREATE TABLE `fanfiction_authorfields` ( `field_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `field_type` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `field_name` varchar(30) NOT NULL default ' ', `field_title` varchar(255) NOT NULL default ' ', `field_options` text, `field_code_in` text, `field_code_out` text, `field_on` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`field_id`) ) TYPE=MyISAM;
Error: ()
ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2011 7:49 am
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

Change the step in the url.  step=1 to step=2 for example.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2011 9:52 pm
wolfiejinn
(@wolfiejinn)

What does that mean?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2011 4:55 am
babaca
(@babaca)
Member Moderator

She means when you are the page where you start having problems in the install on your browser it will say something like

http://www.yourdomain.com/install/install.php?step=3

to get past that page of the install change the step number in the url to

http://www.yourdomail.com/install/install.php?step=<b>4</b>

it will move on in the install process.

Mucking around in eFiction since circa 2001 (ver. 1.0)
Now running v.3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2011 9:15 pm
wolfiejinn
(@wolfiejinn)

And tada! It worked!  Ya'll are awesomesauce.  😮

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2011 8:57 am
ShiKahr
(@shikahr)
Trusted Member

I have also an Error starts with A fatal MySQL error was encountered.

My installed tools:
Apache 2.2.11 is running
PHP 5.3.5 works
MySql 5.5.8 is running
ImageMagick 4.2.9 is available and works

And here step by step what I did and where the error occured.

Step1

Step2

Step3 I chose automatic

Step4

Edit: I tried the manual way too, but it stucks in a circle asking

Manually install the settings table from the tables.sql file found in the docs/ folder now. 

Continue

And that brings me back to the page where I am asked if I want to install automatically or manually.

KS-Shipping-Community
Get your Arsch out of the couch." Gayle Tufts

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2011 8:30 pm
Lyndsie
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

Did you actually set up the table manually? If not, you need to do it or it will do that kind of a loop. It looks to me like the default HTML in the allowed_tags column is screwing it up somehow. I don't have 3.5.3 on this computer at the moment, let me download it.

ETA: It looks right. It might be something particular to your server setup. In any case, I'd use PHPMyAdmin or whatever you have to make sure it's not already installed, then add it manually, and then you will be able to move on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/05/2011 4:25 am
ShiKahr
(@shikahr)
Trusted Member

I tried both automatic and manually. The result you can see in the screenshots.
I went back to an older php, mysql and even apache release and that works fine.

KS-Shipping-Community

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2011 12:49 am
ShiKahr
(@shikahr)
Trusted Member

Wanted to try the update again, but again ... the same errors if not even more.
A list of errors before I even came to the point to fill the form for connecting to the Database or creating the tables anyway if manually or automatically.
When I go back to the "theoretically" installed fiction-archive, I get the following error.

KS-Shipping-Community

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2011 1:26 pm
Share: