efiction support = ...

Notifications
Clear all

efiction support = money?

Page 1 / 2
emmekappa
(@emmekappa)
Eminent Member

Hi! I was surfing on the net and I casually found out that a couple of people who installed once efiction (using the guide I wrote on the topic, moreover) now are offering their assistance to help people installing it for a fee. I just wanted to know if it was a correct behaviour in your opinion, since you're the ones who are actually doing this for your job.
Thanks!

Topic starter Posted : 31/07/2009 8:01 am
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

We're actually all volunteers here.  No one is making any money.  However, it's a valid service that people do charge for.  I have in the past.  What you can't charge for is the script itself.  You also would be very stupid to charge people to access the archive.  That would be inviting someone to sue you.  If they're using your guide and you don't like that, you could contact them and ask them to remove that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2009 11:05 am
Carissa
(@carissa)
Member Moderator

What Tammy said. I'll also add that eFiction actually costs money in the form on domain name registration and server space/hosting. People usually donate about half of the cost, and I either pay for the rest or trade services with someone who pays for it.

I don't know how charging someone to install the script is any different than charging someone to design a skin. They're both services.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2009 11:42 am
emmekappa
(@emmekappa)
Eminent Member

I don't know how charging someone to install the script is any different than charging someone to design a skin. They're both services.

The people I'm talking about are less than amateurs ^^;;
For the skin, it's a bit different, and i REALLY wish they WON'T be using Kali's or someone else's  skin to make money.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/07/2009 11:52 am
Tammy
(@tammy)
Member Moderator

Just out of curiosity can we see the site you're talking about?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2009 12:17 pm
emmekappa
(@emmekappa)
Eminent Member

Just out of curiosity can we see the site you're talking about?

They opened the forum something like three days ago, so it's pretty empty except for the price list.
If I'll find something unclear (like for the skins), I'll PM the authors...
BTW it's italian only ^^;;;

EDIT: Those people tried to use the italian language pack for efiction 2 on efiction3. Just to explain why I opened this thread ^^;; They really don't know what they're talking about...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/07/2009 2:18 pm
Lyndsie
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

So what's the site? I think I could understand most of the Italian, and you've got me curious to see how much they charge.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2009 4:33 pm
DarkAyesha
(@darkayesha)

Nope, the language pack was translated by me and a friend. It sn't perfect but we are working on.
Language pack 2 on e3? Lol, I'm not so stupid^^

I make NEW Efiction Skin, not recolored skin. Skins are mine and I can sell them if i want.

3€ for a skin.

That's all. Bye.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2009 4:39 pm
emmekappa
(@emmekappa)
Eminent Member

Nope, the language pack was translated by me and a friend. It sn't perfect but we are working on.
Language pack 2 on e3? Lol, I'm not so stupid^^

I make NEW Efiction Skin, not recolored skin. Skins are mine and I can sell them if i want.

3€ for a skin.

That's all. Bye.

You tried to use the old translation...
BTW I'm not talking about the skins (if you write them from scratch and you want it, you can sell them), but you offer ASSISTANCE for the script, when you tried things like above. It's fraud, for me. And I clearly remember when you said,  2 or 3 weeks ago, "I'm not able to skin efiction from scratch, I'll use Kali's skin".

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/07/2009 6:48 pm
DarkAyesha
(@darkayesha)

No, I  said that I have no time to create a skin for SERIFICTION so I will have to use a kali's skin instead.
I didn't need any translation because I already have one.
And no, I didn't use your guide at all.

Greetings, get a life.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2009 7:11 pm
emmekappa
(@emmekappa)
Eminent Member

No, I  said that I have no time to create a skin for SERIFICTION so I will have to use a kali's skin instead.
I didn't need any translation because I already have one.
And no, I didn't use your guide at all.

Greetings, get a life.

Seri-fiction problem was another concern (you were trying to use a single-user script in a multi-user archive and you weren't able to read the guide in your own language).
You used my italian guide (you said it not so long ago, you also said you tried to write me, btw); and I'm talking about the translation,because what kind of assistance you can possibly offer, if you even though to use the wrong language pack?

PS: for the life... why don't you try to get a job instead of begging for money on the web and flaming on foreign forums?
I've a life and now I'm on holiday, so I've plenty of time, between going to the sea and living with my friends =)
Sorry for the rudeness, but if you don't like it, don't tease me about my own life.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/07/2009 7:25 pm
Carissa
(@carissa)
Member Moderator

DarkAyesha, please be respectful of the members here. Addressing emmakappa's concerns is fine, but the personal insults will stop now, or you'll find yourself banned.

To address the topic at hand, I don't even have a problem with someone modifying someone else's skin and charging for it (as long as the license allows the skin to be modified). Not everyone has the skills to do that kind of thing, and in that case, as in the case of installing the script, you're charging for your skills.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2009 8:00 pm
DarkAyesha
(@darkayesha)

What? The problem of SeriFiction was that I had no time for to do a new skin so I used Efiction for  emergency.
I've installed efiction without italian guide, I searched a language pack but there isn't no one online. You're email was full so I've translated
It.php and It-admin.php.
I'm not so stupid to install the e2 language pack.
And when I've told you that and you answered me: "Oh sorry, is very hard translate the language pack".
I work all day and I study for university. No holiday, no sea.
Kali sell her works for 40$, me for 3€.
This topic is only to do flame.
My last post, flame is useless.

Good Holiday.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2009 9:09 pm
emmekappa
(@emmekappa)
Eminent Member

And when I've told you that and you answered me: "Oh sorry, is very hard translate the language pack".

No, I said that I have the translated pack but it's personal (I don't give it to people I don't like so much, not my customized one XD ).
When I'll be back to my pc, I'll find the msn log in wich you said "tentar non nuoce" talking about your first approach with EF. The one in wich you and your friend said we are mafia because we don't give away our custom translation =P

Goodbye.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/08/2009 6:37 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

He is not at all discussing: we have the collaboration of one dear friend of mine that is graduated in computer science, Ayesha deals him with the skins.
@Emmekappa: It is perfectly legal to ask money for the support to eFiction, think of us before accusing of fraud the people.
And I remember you that our first use of eFiction goes up again in January.

Sorry for my English ^^"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2009 8:00 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: