Notifications
Clear all

[New] (Ad) banner rotation

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@BlackFalcon)
New Member Guest

When I saw banners (I think of story images as covers, not banners), I thought "about time there was a native way to post advertisements without modifying code", only to be disappointed.

So I'd like to suggest an advertising system be added.

(Note: split to separate topic, Sheepcontrol)

Posted : 26/09/2014 1:00 am
(@sheepcontrol)
Reputable Member

As in "enter a list of ads and have the show up randomly?"
Well, that should be possible, don't expect it to be a top priority, though.

Posted : 26/09/2014 8:43 pm
(@BlackFalcon)
New Member Guest

More like the advertising you can see on the main page of my site ie: For each ad, you can enter the code or choose a banner on the server and enter a URL where the banner directs to. It's not that complicated as far as I can tell... but I'm no programmer. πŸ˜›

Posted : 20/10/2014 7:32 pm
(@sheepcontrol)
Reputable Member

As I said, not a big deal, but considering I've got the installer, the converter and a major rework of the stories module to do, it pushes this module in the not so near future.
It's on the list though, could also be used for link exchange, web rings (if they still exist), and whatnot.

Added: just visited your site, no banners to be seen, help?

Posted : 20/10/2014 7:43 pm
(@BlackFalcon)
New Member Guest

Are you on the main site or the archive? They are on the main site, in the header and footer.

Posted : 20/10/2014 7:56 pm
(@sheepcontrol)
Reputable Member

Are you on the main site or the archive? They are on the main site, in the header and footer.

What do you think, of cause I was on the wrong one πŸ˜‰
Ok, seen 'nuff, gonna close this, move it to feature request and add it to the request list.

Posted : 20/10/2014 9:25 pm
Share: