Notifications
Clear all

Status report

Page 3 / 5
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Member Admin

Yes-ish 😉

The installer has basically made it to a stable test status.

The script is moving on as well, not as fast as I was hoping, but nevertheless, it's not stalling.
I am currently working on the feedback system (news and stories reviews and comments) which is becoming more dynamic. Output is there already, should get to the post functions this weekend.

Once done, I'll make a status update.

Thanks for staying with us!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/02/2016 1:18 pm
Julieann
(@julieann)
Trusted Member

Horray! Glad to hear it. My site keeps developing strange problems without any changes being made. I'm so looking forward to an upgrade.

Julieann

Running 3.4.3 bridged with SMF and Coppermine
Mods: Challenges, cpg-art (not working), Limit Summary Length, Bio to Prefs, Top 20 instead of 10
Wants: Move Betareader to Prefs, Twitter
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2016 10:53 pm
Azurite
(@azurite)
Estimable Member

I have a potentially crazy idea... would you/the other developers be keen on having a Patreon for this? I really want to support Sheepcontrol for all the hard work he's putting into this, because I'm no developer. Designer, yes. Wannabe-developer with barely any PHP and absolutely no Ruby experience? Sure.

Whatever can help it get out faster, I will throw money at it if I can. Part of me really wants some way of bridging WordPress and eFiction just because I've been using WordPress SO MUCH that I'm used to it, but honestly? If eFiction just had a similar "easy, clean" interface for everything, I'd be installing whatever beta I could just to try it out.

But I get that real life gets in the way of these unpaid fan projects, so I want to do whatever I can to help, even if it's not much more than being a "patron" of sorts.

Archive: Dragonfayth
eFiction: 3.5.5
Latest Patch(es): Yes
bridged?: No
modified?: Yes
PHP: 5.3.27
MySQL: 5.5.42-cll

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2016 4:04 am
jetblack
(@jetblack)
Eminent Member

That's not a crazy idea; I would totally kick in some money per month to help keep development going.  My eFiction site keeps /growing/ and we're running into the pains of some of the gaps in the original design.  But I think  it's a race between eFiction 5 and OTW-Archive 1.0 for me at this point.  I'd rather stay with eFiction and not have to migrate to a new platform.

-- jb

Archive: Ad Astra Star Trek Fanfiction Archive
Version: 3.5.3
Skin: One of Kali's, but I'm not sure.  It's been heavily modded.
PHP: 5.0
MySQL: 5.5

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2016 4:59 pm
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Member Admin

*sigh*, long time no post, and sorry for that.

As seen in other topics, I am still alive, and so is eFiction 5 - only that it's still pretty shy and hiding.

The status page is somewhat outdated, I might update it next weekend, but currently I have a few days off and rather push the code.

The installer has been my main target since it's the entry point for everybody.
It looks good, survived a few tests today with different sources and configurations.

Switching back to the actual page, the User Panel is in dire need of work, after that there might be a first alpha-release.

You can follow the progress on GitHub to at least get proof there's a growing amount of code getting piled up.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/11/2016 6:04 pm
lucy
 lucy
(@lucy)
Trusted Member

I think I've been Sheep's guinea pig when it comes to the updating from EFiction 3 to EFiction 5 and I think the update installer is almost done, I'm still getting errors, but they can be fixed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/11/2016 3:33 am
Sue
 Sue
(@sue)
Estimable Member

Thanks again for all your work, Sheepie. I'm looking forward to having a play with the new eFiction.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2016 10:28 pm
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Member Admin

Whoever has a few minutes to spare, d/l the install from the GitHub and give it a go, let me know if it worked or what went wrong.

Is the UI somewhat user friendly? As they say, nothing worse than an engineer-engineered interface.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/11/2016 12:08 am
lucy
 lucy
(@lucy)
Trusted Member

Sheep, the UI is user friendly. I don't have a issue with it, others may do.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2016 12:46 am
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Member Admin

Sheep, the UI is user friendly. I don't have a issue with it, others may do.

Got your error report, there was an unhandled situation when going through chapters, occurring when the last cycle would leave exactly 0 chapters to do ( $count = n * $limit ). Poor explanation, too early in the morning  :omg:
Handled this twice, so we're good to go here.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/11/2016 6:33 am
Sue
 Sue
(@sue)
Estimable Member

Whoever has a few minutes to spare, d/l the install from the GitHub and give it a go, let me know if it worked or what went wrong.

Is the UI somewhat user friendly? As they say, nothing worse than an engineer-engineered interface.

Just to be sure, Sheepie - do you mean a clean install (that is, NOT an upgrade)?

I'll try and do an install on the weekend. I'm excited!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2016 8:47 pm
Sheepcontrol
(@sheepcontrol)
Member Admin

No, that was update - sorry.
The fresh install is not quite ready yet, hope to get to that in the next days

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/11/2016 6:45 am
lucy
 lucy
(@lucy)
Trusted Member

Is EFiction 5 ready yet?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2016 8:15 am
Azurite
(@azurite)
Estimable Member

Still very interested in this.
Again, how would Sheepcontrol et al. feel about a Patreon or similar? Give me a PayPal address and I will throw money at it!

Archive: Dragonfayth
eFiction: 3.5.5
Latest Patch(es): Yes
bridged?: No
modified?: Yes
PHP: 5.3.27
MySQL: 5.5.42-cll

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2016 12:44 am
holls
(@holls)

I just wanna to say "thank you" for eFiction5, I'm looking forward to it! I'm also following the project on github, every now and then I come to see your commits 😉
Keep up the good work!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/12/2016 10:08 pm
Page 3 / 5
Share: