[MODULE] ePubVersion

123 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
46.7 K Views
(@piper)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Are you using the latest version of the install script?

Try downloading this file and putting the contents in the ePubVersion directory: http://www.tgfiction.net/modules/epubversion-1.3updates.zip

I have run that installer several times on my system and it works fine. It should also "throw errors, but continue" if it encounters existing data on install.

I will build a test site and do a fresh install today/tomorrow and see what happens on a virgin system with no data.

-P/KAF/PT

StoryPortal Fiction Network - StoryPortal.Net
TG Fiction dot NET | T* Fiction Archive - TGFiction.Net
LG Tales | TG Style Fiction for LG's - LGTales.Com

Posted : 02/09/2011 7:49 pm
(@piper)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

BTW... I'm still working on the code, I will probably release a 1.4 version shortly which will have basic .mobi/azw (MobiPocket/Kindle) support. The .mobi/.azw creation is FAR from great, and probably not really "ready for prime time" as the class I found isn't nearly as functional as the epub class. But it has basic working support in that I can add TXT to it (it supposedly supports images, but isn't working for me yet) and create a compiled book (single chapter, or all chapters as a single chapter. There is no chapterization support yet).

-P/KAF/PT

Posted : 05/09/2011 4:49 am
 kali
(@kali)
Reputable Member

Tried deleting all files and replacing everything. Tried the extra zip you provided. Still getting

A fatal MySQL error was encountered.
Query: select `epubimg` from `fanfiction_settings` limit 0
Error: ()

on install.
]

Edit:
Have now tried the update on a different server. Tried to run an update and it told me that the update was already completed. Now it throws

Fatal error: Call to undefined function accessdenied() in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx.com/includes/mysqli_functions.php on line 19

when you try to download a book.

Redownloaded the zip file above. Updated the install/update files. FTP shows current file. Still refusing to update.

Skins made by Kali are no longer supported!

Posted : 12/09/2011 11:48 am
(@piper)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Kali, the archive where you get the accessdenied error, is it set to only allow downloads from logged in users? if so, turn that off and test, and I will look into the accessdenied function.

Posted : 01/10/2011 2:42 am
 kali
(@kali)
Reputable Member

Kali, the archive where you get the accessdenied error, is it set to only allow downloads from logged in users? if so, turn that off and test, and I will look into the accessdenied function.

Anon ePub is set to Yes

Posted : 04/10/2011 11:32 am
 kali
(@kali)
Reputable Member

I had a little free time and tried to see if I could manually install the database tables, but I got this error in the SQL

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''efic_fanfiction_settings' ADD 'epubimg' TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL default '0'' at line 1

It also doesn't like this

dbquery("ALTER TABLE `".$settingsprefix."fanfiction_settings` ADD `epubcover` varchar(200) NOT NULL default NULL");

Keeps saying that it's not a valid default value

Posted : 05/12/2011 5:08 pm
(@piper)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

change both of those to remove the NOT NULL so as follows:

dbquery("ALTER TABLE `".$settingsprefix."fanfiction_settings` ADD `epubcover` varchar(200) default NULL");

Posted : 14/02/2012 4:59 pm
(@piper)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Sadly enough, I've been sick the last week, and so had some down time, and decided to look around and found a bit of sloppy code that needs fixing. I hope to have an update soon.

Would anyone be interested in helping me maintain this project if I setup a svn?

-Piper

change both of those to remove the NOT NULL so as follows:

dbquery("ALTER TABLE `".$settingsprefix."fanfiction_settings` ADD `epubcover` varchar(200) default NULL");

Posted : 24/02/2012 4:24 pm
(@lyndsie)
Member Moderator

I think I could lend a hand occasionally.

Posted : 06/03/2012 11:08 pm
(@piper)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I think I could lend a hand occasionally.

I've setup a Redmine instance at: http://dev.storyportal.net/projects/epv

The project is publicly view-able including the code repository: http://dev.storyportal.net/projects/epv/repository/show/trunk/epubversion

If you want to report bugs, or request features, you will need to sign up for a FREE account: http://dev.storyportal.net/account/register

Anyone that signs up, whom I recognize will be added as reporter to the project. If you want to register as a Developer, or I don't recognize you and you want to be a report, just reply to this thread here: http://dev.storyportal.net/boards/2/topics/1

Other than that, I'm working on improvements to the script, and working on fixes. I hope to have a release soon.

-Piper/GeekBrat/Kirstyn Amanda Fox

Posted : 18/03/2012 9:43 am
Nadia
(@nadia)
Reputable Member

Current eFiction version 3.5.3

Tried to install the module but got an error. πŸ™

Query: ALTER TABLE `fanfiction_settings` ADD `epubimg` TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL default '0'

How can I fix it?

Link to my archive: http://treknation.net

My Hub TrekNation | World of X | Arda Fanfiction

Posted : 18/06/2012 9:53 am
 SJP
(@sjp)
Trusted Member

I am trying to install this, but I am getting the same error message that others have mentioned:

Despite seeing this referenced, I can't locate a solution. Did anyone find a way to resolve this issue and install?

Posted : 01/02/2013 1:45 pm
 Pari
(@pari)

The error message seems to be saying that it's trying to 'select' an item/table before it's been 'added' or created into the database. At least that's how it reads to me, but I could be wrong  😐

Posted : 18/06/2013 10:51 pm
(@amalthia)
Trusted Member

I'm also seeing the error message:

Error: (1054) Unknown column 'epubimg' in 'field list'

Posted : 23/12/2013 3:43 am
 SJP
(@sjp)
Trusted Member

I'm also seeing the error message:

Error: (1054) Unknown column 'epubimg' in 'field list'

I was never able to install as directed with this mod. I finally just manually added the necessary tables that are listed in the install.php file into my database. Once I did that, I was able to install.

Posted : 29/12/2013 5:06 pm
Page 6 / 9
Share: